Time for a new game, recommend me a good one (Action, FPS)

I have become bored with my current selection of games, and the most recent one, Homefront the Revolution, has been completed twice. I have Battlefield 1, COD Infinite Warfare, COD Modern Warfare. I need something else to keep me occupied for a while. I prefer FPS, and anything Action related. I am waiting for the new Prey to come out, but until then I need something else. Please give me some recommendations. Anything new my system can handle, so that will not be an issue at all. 

11 hours ago, TAZMINATOR said:

have you tried "The Division' ?

Not at all interested in MP, which, my understanding The Division is completely MP, same for Overwatch, I really wish I had not bought Overwatch, because I do not enjoy playing it.

37 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Not at all interested in MP, which, my understanding The Division is completely MP, same for Overwatch, I really wish I had not bought Overwatch, because I do not enjoy playing it.

The Division campaign can be played solo or with co-op. You can avoid the Dark Zone (PvP) entirely, or again play it solo or in a co-op group. It should be said too that it is a TPS, not a FPS game.

As for recent-ish, SP FPS:

Battleborn

Bioshock 1 & 2 Remasters

DOOM

Dishonored 2

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Far Cry Primal

Metro 2033 / Last Light Redux

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Shadow Warrior 2

Titanfall 2

Wolfenstein: The New Order / The Old Blood

Good to know about the division, I'll look into it. I am getting Mafia III with all the DLC's right now, I also hunted down uPlay from ubisoft so I can get Far Cry 4 reinstalled and I discovered that I also have Far Cry 3 as well!

2 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I have played it solo...  No issue.  If you don't want MP, then you don't need to use it.  just play along.. Just like I play in FM5/6  that I don't play MP online much.

@Andrew It's action also which i was targeting for that genre (it's also called RPG) but I was referring him to this game since he played in COD which it's a shooting game.  Same to Division, etc.   Something like walking around and shooting.   That's why he wanted action which I suggested him this game.

@jnelsoninjax  It's your choice to play solo or MP.    It's similar to COD, (meaning walking around and shooting.)

I like those shooting games no matter if it is FPS or not.  Titanfall is a good game but I haven't gotten Titanfall 2 yet.

2 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

the division is only really MP once you max your character and SP bases out, lvl30 iirc

also have a look at Wildlands, rather fun and huge......(and so pretty)

9 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

I have played it solo...  No issue.  If you don't want MP, then you don't need to use it.  just play along.. Just like I play in FM5/6  that I don't play MP online much.

@Andrew It's action also which i was targeting for that genre (it's also called RPG) but I was referring him to this game since he played in COD which it's a shooting game.  Same to Division, etc.   Something like walking around and shooting.   That's why he wanted action which I suggested him this game.

@jnelsoninjax  It's your choice to play solo or MP.    It's similar to COD, (meaning walking around and shooting.)

I like those shooting games no matter if it is FPS or not.  Titanfall is a good game but I haven't gotten Titanfall 2 yet.

TF2 is ok but you get bored quickly due to lack of content. SP just gets you up to speed for the MP the story is pretty gash.

1 minute ago, Mando said:

the division is only really MP once you max your character and SP bases out, lvl30 iirc

TF2 is ok but you get bored quickly due to lack of content. SP just gets you up to speed for the MP the story is pretty gash.

We will see.   Since not everyone is same...  it may be bored to you but I haven't been part 2 yet.    I got Titanfall for free.  :)   Maybe they will send you update... like they did with The Division recently. I got update for it.

1 hour ago, Mando said:

I have TF2 as well, I enjoy the story, but there is a spot that I am stuck in and it really makes me PO'd! I just bought Far Cry Primal and Mafia III, so I'll play around with them and see how I like them.

4 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I have TF2 as well, I enjoy the story, but there is a spot that I am stuck in and it really makes me PO'd! I just bought Far Cry Primal and Mafia III, so I'll play around with them and see how I like them.

I could not handle Primal. Is spent 4 hours and felt like i got no where... Too much hunting and gathering, not enough action at all. It might get better but i have no patience.

And i paid full price on release date. :(

I recommend Metro Last Light, dishonored and Wolfenstein series. 

My gamer friend highly recommended Wildlands 

• Like 2

I have both dishonored games and really liked them. I am currently enjoying Mafia III, and only put $20 into Primal, so hopefully I'm not wasting money!

Wildlands is awesome. The Division is fun. Avoid For Honor and thier Rock, Papers, Scissors battle system.  Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is fun, its a medievil First person  game (focus is multiplayer) http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

You could shell out the $4.99 per month for Origin Access. gives you unlimited playing time of about 40 EA games

1 hour ago, Sensi said:

Don't waste your time on the newest games they're all money making turds with dlc

Wildland is great without the DLC'S. I have 84 hrs into the game and am 25% done because i am going for 100% completion

59 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

No one has mentioned Doom 2016? Easily the best fps game to come out in years if not one of the best fps games ever made to this date.

Hmm, I bought it on day 1 and did not like it. After playing it for maybe 6-7 hours i gave up and never touched it again.   

Next time I will not buy at day 1, even if the reviews are good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trag3dy said:

No one has mentioned Doom 2016? Easily the best fps game to come out in years if not one of the best fps games ever made to this date.

agreed - great SP, MP is horrid - but that might be because i get pwned all the time

1 hour ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Hmm, I bought it on day 1 and did not like it. After playing it for maybe 6-7 hours i gave up and never touched it again.   

Next time I will not buy at day 1, even if the reviews are good.

I bought day 1, loved the hell out of it! Played it a few times through!