OneDrive shared folder access issue on tablet...

Hi Peeps,

I'm having some issues accessing a shared OneDrive using a (Samsung) Android tablet.
Just your basic folder sharing in OneDrive (access only), so nothing fancy going on, but for some reason this tablet gets a login popup when accessing the link in the email received.
The OneDrive app isn't installed on the tablet, and no MS account is there too.

All other email recipients can access the folder and files just fine, and use a mix of Windows and OSX machines. Some of them also don't have OneDrive/MS accounts, but still can see the files.

Anyone can chime in what this can be? Some security setting? Some odd coupling of Android and MS stuff?

cheers!

rob

I've run a test using OneDrive, Gmail, my Samsung phone and a PC.

I logged in to OneDrive on the PC and sent an email to my Gmail account.

When I clicked on the link on my Samsung device, it told me that I had to sign in to OneDrive, but that is because the app was enabled on my device. After disabling the application the link opened in the browser and didn't prompt me to log in.

Are you 100% sure that you don't have the app on your tablet? I didn't realise it was installed on my phone until running this test, and then I found it under a "Microsoft Apps" folder that was there when I first got the phone.

hmmmm.....

Interesting. It's not my tablet, but will have a look at this. I got the message there was a login popup, bit that could be very well the same issue as you described.
Will let you know as soon as I got a reply back.

thanks!

rob

Just to end this thread, it was indeed the OneDrive app. It was installed by ?default?, so confusing the user on that tablet when accessing the OneDrive share link.
And as some users aren't the best explainer, it was confusing me as well ;)

cheers!

rob