nVidia Shield K1 Tablet - So Slow It's Driving Me Crazy

Hello all,

I recently bought an nVidia Shield K1 Tablet to replaced my damaged Google Nexus 7 2013. I chose this tablet because it was supposed to be powerful, good enough for gaming thus I figured a snappy tablet like my wife's LG V10. But so far it's acting like a cheap tablet you get from Walmart, like those RCA tablets. It's slow half the time, get stuck when closing apps or having too many (at least 2 or 3) open at the same time and from time to time crashes and restarts. It struggles like I never figured it would. 

I'm not sure if it's the Android OS, I have the latest update, not sure if it's the tablet itself that turned out to be a crappy tablet or if it's that I set up the SD card as internal storage which sees both as one storage rather than as external which sees both separate. Can someone help me figure out why this tablet is so slow? 

Thank you in advance.

Charles

Just taking a quick look, I see that it comes with Lollipop as the OS by default. Have you updated the OS?

I also think that I've heard of some people having issues with setting the SD card as internal storage, so that might be worth looking in to as well.

I used to have one, and it was the SD card.

It was fine in games/streaming but day to general use it was slow as hell.

Removed the SD card, and it was fine. I suggest buying the fastest SD card you can find if you're going to use it as Internal storage.

It seems the SD may be the actual problem. Gonna go ahead and do a factory reset and use the SD card as external to see how that works.

7 hours ago, BoricuaCharles said:

It seems the SD may be the actual problem. Gonna go ahead and do a factory reset and use the SD card as external to see how that works.

I'm looking at one of the K1's clones - the HTC-constructed Google Nexus 9 (nVidia's Shield Tablet being the other) to replace Mom's and my current tablets (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and Lenovo A7-30F, respectively).  Like my GNex, the N9 supports N (via community firmware), which neither of our tablets do, and they also have more system memory than either tablet does - not to mention that via the community firmware both support, there is a distinct lack-o-bloat.