Disable uBlock Origin's "has prevented the following page from loading" Temporarily/Permanently screen?

If I'm going to continue installing this on family and friend's PCs, it needs to be a transparent extension.

I'm fed up of them calling me and asking "What's this? Which one do I click on?"

To be fair, I'm with them. It's an annoying screen. AdBlock never displayed anything annoying like this.

eb_tempperm1.png

I'm with there, it is very annoying to have the stupid window pop up. The only thing that I can think of doing is exporting the white list and the rules from your system) and then importing them on to each system (after of course you go through and build the list) or disable some of the 3rd party lists and see if that helps.

Either fix your ruleset or go back to adblock. It is stating that it is blocking something based on a filter. UO tends to be more geared towards advanced users with technical knowledge; it is possible adblock is a better solution for yourself and friends/family.

Every site I've seen that popup on usually have has adware bundled installers more notably download.com

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Every site I've seen that popup on usually have has adware bundled installers more notably download.com

I agree, I usually see this when ublock prevent malware/adware attempting to run from the browser. It is definitely OP's filtering list, he can either adjust the ruleset or just not use those rules.

While I use it, I would never install uBlock Origin on other people's computers as it's for more advanced users. Go back to Adblock Plus.

7 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I agree, I usually see this when ublock prevent malware/adware attempting to run from the browser. It is definitely OP's filtering list, he can either adjust the ruleset or just not use those rules.

it just warns you that you are going to a site which is known for distributing adware (and in some cases malware too)

As others said, disable the block list it's mentioning if you know what you're trying to access. awin1.com is a spam/ad company so I wouldn't advise that.

From the URL it looks like you're trying to download paid games like this. We don't allow discussion of that here at all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

As others said, disable the block list it's mentioning if you know what you're trying to access. awin1.com is a spam/ad company so I wouldn't advise that.

From the URL it looks like you're trying to download paid games like this. We don't allow discussion of that here at all.

The website was legitimate. I can't remember what it was as it was a few days ago.

Next time the message appears, I'll post here.

43 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Happens on Amazon.com all the time.

I just want it to block ads silently.

I may have to go back to Adblock Plus, I guess.

Just now, shockz said:

ya usually if you click a sponsored link. So far I haven't been annoyed by it, I always think "thanks for reminding me to keep my guard up"

The website in the pic is www.base.com. Going there directly is no issue with UO and the filter rule in the image in place. You're getting that UO page because it's blocking the referral link from the adware/scumware provider.

• Like 2

Did the OP (Elliot B.) ever mentioned what web browser(s) he, his family & friends were using?  seems like he did not.

I've been using ublock origin for a few years over adblock plus (with Firefox & Chrome) because in the past UO blocked ads faster than ABP and ABP was slowing down PCs and using up CPU resources while ABP was blocking ads.  Perhaps recent versions of Adblock plus for FF & Chrome won't slow down computers & consume precious CPU resources like it did with older versions.

Found a new example.

This HotUKDeals entry.

It's completely legit.

However, when I click 'Get Deal', I get:

eb_annoyingplus1.thumb.png.6606a15ce85f84b60a706941239489c1.png

I genuinely don't care for the reason. It's an annoyance.

I'll switch back to Adblock Plus.

17 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

Get rid of Peter Lowe's List.  It is more trouble than it's worth IMO.

Done.

I'll see if it helps, thank you! :)

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2017 at 3:24 PM, shockz said:

On 5/18/2017 at 3:26 PM, warwagon said:

ya usually if you click a sponsored link. So far I haven't been annoyed by it, I always think "thanks for reminding me to keep my guard up"

^ +1

It doesnt happen with amazon.com - maybe when you click an external pointing link.

As others have mentioned, you might need to tweak your settings (but be careful)

I have been using it for a while now, and am happy - when that page pops up - its for a good reason.

Do not click on the "Advanced Users " option in settings, unless you really know what you're doing.

I dont know all the bits about UO so I dont mess with the fine-tuning.  But I have UO turned off for certain pages (neowin being one of them) and for the others - it does its intended job.

I dont have a good enough reason to jump ship to something else, and if that day comes, it wont be to ABP, or any of its derivatives.