Has anyone contacted the WanaCry people via their decryptor?

I don't know if anyone has contacted them but it surely has spread like dire around the globe. Even the Russian interior ministry got effected. I just received an update from my VPN provider about how to protect your systems if you have survived the initial encryption of by the malware. Here is the link: https://www.purevpn.com/blog/how-to-protect-from-ransomware/ 

You can also protect yourself by simply installing all security updates and staying updated.

• Like 4

What do you mean contact them via the decrypter? Pay the ransom? Don't ######## do that! #facepalm

Bruh, I was talking about the contact via the form they gave on the Decryptor! Duh. I ain't saying that people should pay Ransom. Your data is gone for good if you're a victim. Paying them won't do s%&* about it!

3 minutes ago, seankay said:

Bruh, I was talking about the contact via the form they gave on the Decryptor! Duh. I ain't saying that people should pay Ransom. Your data is gone for good if you're a victim. Paying them won't do s%&* about it!

Not sure about this ransomware, but there are cases where the files have been recovered by paying up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Not sure about this ransomware, but there are cases where the files have been recovered by paying up.

I don't think this is the case with this ransomware. Check this out: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

I don't think this is the case with this ransomware. Check this out: 

Actually, Trigger is correct some have paid up and received a decryption key, I think it was reported here as well as other tech sites when ransomware first reared it's ugly head.

Key is not to pay of course, and lose everything that wasn't backed up.

This is one of the best reasons to keep offline backups, a hard drive could die at any moment, for any reason, so a user stands to lose that data regardless, at least with offline backups, you limit your losses to a reformat.

• Like 3

https://ransomfree.cybereason.com/ (it's light on system resources to)

it's a free program that's specifically designed to stop Ransomware as it's solid at detecting Ransomware based on how Ransomeware works. it claims it can block 99% of Ransomware and apparently it works pretty well as it blocked the recent WannaCry one that made the news and other Ransomware from the past that was not known yet.

p.s. i use Windows Defender/Voodooshield/RansomFree (all free) for my basic security to block viruses etc on my computer as my chances of any anything major happening to my PC should be minimal especially given Voodooshield's mindset of block everything unless it was allowed when training the program. plus, i tend to have at least two copies of my important data on different hard drives. some hard drives are not always connected to my computer either which further lowers my chances of any data loss in case i do get hit.

Yeah, a few people have contacted me.

It's a pain trying to explain to them how to pay me with Bitcoin.

Think I'll tell my North Korean brethren to use PayPal next time....

• Like 3

Teehee you big joker [emoji3]
  • Like 2

I was wondering how Secureaplus would handle this infection. Seeing how I have to approve every unknown exe file from running.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:10 AM, Shiranui said:

Wow You're funny! Still if you have any update about the chat with those hackers (the Shadow brokers) had with anyone. I would like to have it!

I don't see why those hackers would want to communicate with anyone and expose their whereabouts.  If they did communicate with you it might be like this:

There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the malware. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it harder on you, we will bring up a higher price. If we wish to make it worse, we will erase the hard drive to  unusable. We will control the input. We will control the output. We can roll the picture; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next few hours, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your computer. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits.

• Like 1