Deaths confirmed after Manchester Arena blast reports

Police have confirmed a "number of fatalities" following reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena.

Witnesses reported hearing a "huge bang" following an Ariana Grande gig at Manchester Arena.

Network Rail said train lines out of Manchester Victoria station, which is close to the concert venue, were blocked.

Greater Manchester Police tweeted to urge people to stay away from the area.

//breaking news

Source:  BBC

I saw 20 as well ... sucks because I would assume that most (if not all) the victims will be really young. :( 

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deaths-injuries-confirmed-after-explosions-heard-u-k-concert-featuring-n763286

At Least 20 Killed in Possible Suicide Blast at Manchester Arena Concert Featuring Ariana Grande

At least 20 people were killed and possibly hundreds of others were injured after one or more loud bangs were heard Monday night at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England, multiple law enforcement told NBC News.

Multiple U.S. officials briefed on the investigation so far said preliminary reports indicate that a single explosion took place outside the arena on the southwest side opposite the Manchester Victoria transit station, which is part of the greater arena complex.

The explosion occurred as the concert ended, catching people as they exited.

>

10 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

There will be a lot more because of Ramadan

It hasn't started yet from what I can tell.

It would be ironic if they blew up their own kind in the process but I suppose they'd consider them infidels

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

Very sad incident.  19 confirmed dead.

It was a non-European (American, to be specific) artist in concert at the arena - that is, so far, the only similarity to a previous event.

6 hours ago, DocM said:

Bloody damned animals. 

5 hours ago, Unobscured Vision said:

:cry::angry: ############# ########.

ANIMALS.

:angry::angry:

Animals don't act like this, only humans do... :(

22 now confirmed dead.

• Like 2

Despicable. Given the concert you can't even say that the young people were collateral damage; they were the target.

15 minutes ago, Shiranui said:

Yes, the perp was killed in the explosion. Let's hope they can piece him back together well enough to identify him.

Hopefully with it being such a public place there will be lots of security footage so they can track this sick idiot back to their origin.

As others have said, the target was young girls, can't see even ISIS wanting to claim this although they have beheaded children in Syria. so their "moral war" knows no bounds.

Amazing that, even though there is an election campaign with all our political leaders walking about the country, the target they decided on was young girls, most likely because when they try to fight grown men they get their asses kicked.

8 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Hopefully with it being such a public place there will be lots of security footage so they can track this sick idiot back to their origin.

As others have said, the target was young girls, can't see even ISIS wanting to claim this although they have beheaded children in Syria. so their "moral war" knows no bounds.

Amazing that, even though there is an election campaign with all our political leaders walking about the country, the target they decided on was young girls, most likely because when they try to fight grown men they get their asses kicked.

There are videos floating around of ISIS claiming the attack already. Though I have no idea if they are legitimate or not.

24 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

This is the thing that gets me every time one of these attacks happen. It's not typically government buildings, it's not military bases or the people they actually have an issue with.

Not to take any horror away from past attacks but this one jumps out as just that step to low, anyone knows this will be full of kids and teenagers. I truly hope I never see the article that lists the ages of those 22 (confirmed) dead and 50+ injured because I think it will be too much to handle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

This is the thing that gets me every time one of these attacks happen. It's not typically government buildings, it's not military bases or the people they actually have an issue with.

Not to take any horror away from past attacks but this one jumps out as just that step to low, anyone knows this will be full of kids and teenagers. I truly hope I never see the article that lists the ages of those 22 (confirmed) dead and 50+ injured because I think it will be too much to handle. 

Sadly I think we will see it and, even sadder, it won't sway or affect these idiots and their messed up agenda.