bluetooth headphones randomly cut out for a second

i have a nice pair of cowin e7 noise cancellation headphones currently connected to my PC via bluetooth. My issue is that even sitting still I get this random disconnect where the sound cuts out for a split second. I have the Bluetooth adapter plugged into a rear USB port, and the drivers are all updated. Is this issue related to the headphones or to the USB/Bluetooth adapter?

Try moving the adapter to the front of your PC. If you notice any improvements, that is the reason. Have wireless interference.

16 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Try moving the adapter to the front of your PC. If you notice any improvements, that is the reason. Have wireless interference.

I was thinking about doing just that! Thanks for the suggestion!

so, despite my friend's "knowledge" moving the adapter to the front made all the difference! He tried to say since the front ports are USB 3.0 and the back were 2.0 that it would cut out more, because 3 draws more power :/  I really have no idea where he gets his information, since moving it to the front I have been able to walk around the whole house with minor interruptions (walking into a room, etc) otherwise it seems to have made all the difference!

1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

so, despite my friend's "knowledge" moving the adapter to the front made all the difference! He tried to say since the front ports are USB 3.0 and the back were 2.0 that it would cut out more, because 3 draws more power :/  I really have no idea where he gets his information, since moving it to the front I have been able to walk around the whole house with minor interruptions (walking into a room, etc) otherwise it seems to have made all the difference!

Whatever defines your relationship with your friend, you should untag "tech expertise" from your mental bookmarks.

USB 3.0 PROVIDES more power and if a device was cutting out due to lack of power, then the opposite of his advice would make sense. The point of having more power AVAILABLE is to run hard drives and other peripherals without needing external power adapters. Obviously none of these considerations would apply to a Bluetooth dongle unless you had hot-rodded it to beam high energy X-Rays to the Mothership.

The Bluetooth device is a Radio with an Antenna and follows the irritating "Line of Sight" rules and "Inverse Square Law" and Interference rules of all radio devices.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Maybe run a patch to the Bernoli Convergenatator, to re balance the Girdle Springs, it should then fix the Rockwell Trunion. :p

I'll just call @TAZMINATOR and use his power supply! :p

Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

HA!   Sorry but my power supply can not be used for something else.   It's for my CPU only.  

:p

Damn it!

13 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Maybe run a patch to the Bernoli Convergenatator, to re balance the Girdle Springs, it should then fix the Rockwell Trunion. :p

A long time ago I had a friend that worked as an auto mechanic and he got bored with the need to describe his repairs to customers that obviously understood nothing of the explanation and since these people who had no chance of understanding would still ask for a description of the work done, he eventually found some solace in your wonderful device descriptions. Beware the Veeble-Fetzer in your car. It is a common source of break downs...

• Like 2

On 5/29/2017 at 9:49 AM, DevTech said:

A long time ago I had a friend that worked as an auto mechanic and he got bored with the need to describe his repairs to customers that obviously understood nothing of the explanation and since these people who had no chance of understanding would still ask for a description of the work done, he eventually found some solace in your wonderful device descriptions. Beware the Veeble-Fetzer in your car. It is a common source of break downs...

My friend has allot of knowledge, it's just not in everything he thinks it is. That is his biggest problem, he spends all day reading 'junk' from tech sites as well as others and he will swear that this is the gospel truth, etc. when it really might have been a year or so ago, he can;t seem to differentiate between what is now and what was,,,