Error when trying to install 3DMark

Question

I am trying to install 3DMark basic edition downloaded from futuremark directly. When I go to run the installer, UAC pops up needing permission, which I give it. However after about 10 seconds the installer starts running and I get this message:

error.thumb.PNG.7e93f90c3d61ab2ee6e94c4d56fba1df.PNG 

So what do I do in this situation? Obviously if I decline UAC it will not install, but it clearly says that it won't install with privileges!?

9 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I am trying to install 3DMark basic edition downloaded from futuremark directly. When I go to run the installer, UAC pops up needing permission, which I give it. However after about 10 seconds the installer starts running and I get this message:

error.thumb.PNG.7e93f90c3d61ab2ee6e94c4d56fba1df.PNG 

So what do I do in this situation? Obviously if I decline UAC it will not install, but it clearly says that it won't install with privileges!?

Have you tried a non admin command prompt ...

go to the installation folder and type

3dmark-setup.exe /quiet /install

2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Have you tried a non admin command prompt ...

go to the installation folder and type

3dmark-setup.exe /quiet /install

No, I'll try that, thanks!

Still calls UAC!

Do you have UAC turned off via regedit using the EnableLUA setting? Try undoing that.

You really do have a lot of system/OS issues lately... I suspect you are tweaking stuff and messing with settings that don't need to be messed up honestly.

Disable UAC temporarily? 

...and you're not using the built Administrator account are you?  Reading through some of Futuremark forums ... that seems to be an issue with installing 3DMark.

Check the installer md5, it is possible your download is corrupt. Try right clicking the install file, go to properties and click unblock if the button is showing. 

23 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Do you have UAC turned off via regedit using the EnableLUA setting? Try undoing that.

You really do have a lot of system/OS issues lately... I suspect you are tweaking stuff and messing with settings that don't need to be messed up honestly.

No, and the only other issue I am having is most likely related to Fences, I am not 'tweaking' anything, this installation is 3 days old now.

23 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Disable UAC temporarily? 

...and you're not using the built Administrator account are you?  Reading through some of Futuremark forums ... that seems to be an issue with installing 3DMark.

By disable, you mean turn the slider down to do not notify? No I am not using the built in account.

7 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

No, and the only other issue I am having is most likely related to Fences, I am not 'tweaking' anything, this installation is 3 days old now.

By disable, you mean turn the slider down to do not notify? No I am not using the built in account.

Right click the installer and go to properties, if there is a button that says Unblock, click that and try again.

8 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Right click the installer and go to properties, if there is a button that says Unblock, click that and try again.

no button to unblock, and just to try and lowered UAC to do not notify, and when I ran the installer, nothing happened.

@Mando, I am going there as I type, will see what happens.