Has anyone worked for a travelling amusement park?

I just started a job a few days ago with North American Midway Entertainment, which is billed as the world's largest travelling amusement park.  I'll be travelling with them for the Canadian season, which starts in Brandon, Manitoba.  The next stop will be Winnipeg, Manitoba for the Red River Ex, then onto Calgary, Alberta for the Stampede followed by Edmonton, Alberta for K-Days.  Then it's off to Regina, Saskatchewan for the Queen City Ex and after that is done we go to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan for the Saskatoon Ex.  Western Canada is now done.  Off to Toronto, Ontario for the Canadian National Exhibition, and possibly to London, Ontario for the Western Fair.

So, I am wondering, has anyone else worked for a travelling amusement park, either as a local or a traveller, and if so, what were your experiences like?

I take it from the lack of replies that no one else has worked at an amusement park travelling or otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Red River Ex (Winnipeg, MB) is over for the year, so off to Calgary tomorrow, won't get there until Wednesday afternoon because the company has us stop in Swift Current, SK for the night. But the booth I work in, we won't start setting up until Monday and finish up early Thursday afternoon, and Sneak-a-Peek for the Stampede opens a few hours after that, Sneak-a-Peek is the unofficial opening of the Calgary Stampede, the official opening is actually Friday morning.

37 minutes ago, branfont said:

Well, the Red River Ex (Winnipeg, MB) is over for the year, so off to Calgary tomorrow, won't get there until Wednesday afternoon because the company has us stop in Swift Current, SK for the night. But the booth I work in, we won't start setting up until Monday and finish up early Thursday afternoon, and Sneak-a-Peek for the Stampede opens a few hours after that, Sneak-a-Peek is the unofficial opening of the Calgary Stampede, the official opening is actually Friday morning.

how are you enjoying it so far?  I doubt anyone here worked there, but you never know, so why don't you tell us your impressions of the job.

48 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

how are you enjoying it so far?  I doubt anyone here worked there, but you never know, so why don't you tell us your impressions of the job.

It's not a matter if anyone has worked there in particular, I was more interested if anyone has worked for a travelling amusement park or even a stationary amusement park & what they thought of the job.

I haven't personally but have had cousins and friends all work for the same one they all said the same thing that they barely earned more than they spent on partying & food costs the whole summer but had a great time  (Might just be a thing with this particular one though).