Subway worker tells robber to 'get a job!'

WARREN, OH (WKBN/CNN) -  A suspect walks into an Ohio Subway restaurant and demands money. But what happens next even caught him by surprise. It was all caught on camera. It's a video shared more than 65,000 times already and that's been the talk of the town.

“Open the {expletive} register!" the robber says. "Get a job!" Subway worker Cathy Stafford told the suspect. The shocking response came from Stafford.

"I guess, some people just have that courage, here and there,” Stafford said. “I don't know what took over me, I guess sometimes I do things I shouldn't do. And I speak - just, whatever comes to my mind it just comes out."

She even questioned the man too. "Are you the one that's been robbing these places?" she asked. "No!" the suspect answered.

"I was really shocked what she was saying at that time. It was scary because you don't know in that mindset what he's thinking, if he could jump over the counter,” said witness Sierra Harper.

Harper was working with Cathy when it all happened at the store off Parkman Road on Tuesday. She's the one who recorded the encounter, and even snapped a few stills of the suspect’s face.

“I'd say he got caught in a way, you know what I mean? Because everybody's seen this video and people have said that they know who he is, so,” Harper said.

It's the second time in less than a week that someone has robbed the store. This time the man only got away with the $13 in the tip jar.

Warren detective John Greaver says they've received several tips in the case, and will be following up on them.
 Source

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DocM said:

God bless her un-filtered Midwestern mouth (Y)(Y):punk:(Y)(Y)

I would imagine that you or your children would be the same way! :D

1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I would imagine that you or your children would be the same way! :D

Enery_single_soul_in_the_family, especially our daughter who is not to be trifled with.  A good mother & wife, and great cook, but also a family sized can of whup-ass that you never want to open. 

8 minutes ago, DocM said:

Enery_single_soul_in_the_family, especially our daughter who is not to be trifled with.  A good mother & wife, and great cook, but also a family sized can of whup-ass that you never want to open. 

I feel, as I am from Texas, I can add something to this.....

When you enter our great state, there are signs all over.... "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS" -  
When you watch that movie with Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side - dont mess with her, because she and all her friends have guns, and know how to use them
When you are old enough to write your name, you are also old enough to know how to field dress a Glock... blindfolded.... while drunk.

31 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

I feel, as I am from Texas, I can add something to this.....
>
When you watch that movie with Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side - dont mess with her, because she and all her friends have guns, and know how to use them

When you are old enough to write your name, you are also old enough to know how to field dress a Glock... blindfolded.... while drunk.

Sounds about right. Smart as a whip, she's either carrying a S&W, a Ruger Alaskan .44 mag or a Kimber.  5' 11" and a damned good street fighter; had to keep up with 3 crash-bang brothers, so....

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason this worked is because this idiot didn't even flash a piece...  Had he used an actual weapon, this "hero" subway worker woulda ###### her pants and given him every cent she had.  Just sayin.  :-p