Exchange 2016 problems - Help needed

Question

Hi guys - please bear with me.

I have a Virtual Windows Server 2016 machine and I use it as an Exchange Server (Exchange 2016) - all has been running great until yesterday when I tried to open Outlook it told me that my Certificate had expired and that I would have to obtain a new one, I went onto the starts website and obtained a new certificate, as I'm not 100% Exchange Savvy, I asked a work colleague to sort it out for me...an hour later he came to me and said unfortunatly something went wrong - he wasn't sure what he done and that he tried different things to get the cert imported but nothing worked. He's now gone away on a business trip and left me in the sh*t!.

I can not longer access email from the exchange server - I've tried to access ECP but all i get is a 403 - Forbidden: access is denied page. (I'm also not able to access OWA)

Can anyone please guide me in the right direction so that I can gain access to ECP again so that I can try and import the new Certificate.

I've also tried to access the Exchange management shell but when it tries to connect to Server.aide199.co.uk it just throws up a bunch of errors (I've attached a jpg)

Can anyone please help??

Thanks in advance

Capture.JPG

5 answers to this question

Ok - Just an update for you...and after a very, very quick crash course on all things Exchange, I think I've resolved the issue.

Re-started all the Exchange services on the virtual server (email then started to be received in my outlook client) :)

Re-installed the WinRM IIS Extension in Server Manager - Exchange Management Shell is now behaving and connecting to my server :)

I've just re-created the ECP & OWA Virtual Directories in the Exchange Management shell and now I can access ECP & OWA again :D

I'm getting there - hopefully I can now install the new cert 

Edit:-

I can now get to the ECP login page but when I try to login I get the following:-

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 20.04.55.png

It does like you Virtual dir's are

18 minutes ago, xbamaris said:

Sounds like either the services or the Virtual Directories were screwed up. Did you check Event Viewer / Logs for any issues?

Did he update your service pack on exchange to the latest one as that can mess up the Virtual directories and cause the problem you are seeing?