When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Samsung begins mass production of Exynos i T200 aimed at IoT

Samsung has announced the start of mass production of its first Exynos-branded chip for the Internet of Things. The Exynos i T200 is built on a low-power 28 nm High-K Metal Gate (HKMG) process and features "high processing capabilities" and has Wi-Fi.

Ben Hur, VP of System LSI marketing at Samsung Electronics, said:

“The Exynos i T200 is an IoT solution optimised to deliver both the performance and security demanded in the IoT market. With various Exynos solution offerings, Samsung will deliver further differentiated value to not only mobile devices, but also non-mobile spaces, including automotive and IoT.”

To bolster security on the chip, the Exynos i T200 has a separate and designated security management hardware block called the Security Sub-System (SSS). In terms of processing, the chip uses a Cortex-R4 processor and a Cortex-M0+ processor, both at 320MHz; this eliminates the need for an extra microcontroller IC.

The chip includes limited Wi-Fi support; it supports 802.11b/g/n single-band (2.4GHz) and has received the 'Wi-Fi CERTIFIED' certificate from the Wi-Fi Alliance. Additionally, it is Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT. The Exynos i T200 also supports IoTivity which enables seamless interoperability between IoT devices.

Source: Samsung

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Honor 9 listed on Amazon UK, available for pre-order for £379.99

Head to head banners for PlayStation and Xbox at some conference
Previous Article

Developer of PS4-exclusive game calls owning an Xbox a 'dilemma', pulls tweet after backlash