13 Years at Neowin

Well, well, well...another year, another milestone. 13 years ago today, I joined Neowin thanks to being introduced to it by a friend I met when I first arrived in Geneva. I found a great community which always had something interesting going on, and so I decided to set up shop for a bit. Fast forward 8 years, and someone was silly enough to invite me to join the moderating team. Goodness knows what they were thinking, but I liked the idea of the challenge and so I stepped forwards. It turns out that I can pretend that I know what I'm doing pretty well, because three years later and someone decided to bump me up to the position of supervisor.

Anyway, with the self-centered part over and done with, I just want to thank you all. There's a reason I've been around for as long as I have, and it's because of you lot. You've provided me with a place to slack off from work (which I know I should really pay more attention to these days...the thread, I mean, not work,) a source of valuable and interesting technology news, a brilliant place to troubleshoot issues and bounce ideas around, insightful (and sometimes head-bashingly annoying) discussions...it's been a great 13 years.

Cheers, all.

8in0WrU.gif