If any of you are familiar with Linkin Park you will most likely have heard of Chester's tragic death. I believe that he may have been warning about his suicide through the names of th songs in the newest album. This album was "a personal album". Chris Cornell was a close friend of his and committed suicide in nearly the same way as him. The day that would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday is the day Chester committed suicide. I will update on this when I have time but I would like to know what your theories are about his death.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unknown Hexis said:

@Nefarious Trigger They may not have seen that that's what they meant. They may not have noticed it in the beginning but in hindsight maybe they did.

Clutching at straws and armchair psychology!  Not really of much value here...

• Like 1

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

I'm with Trigger on this, it's a tech site, I don't see how gossip adds any value to it

It's a tech site with a lot of non-tech sections. Though I do agree that it doesn't need a separate thread.

• Like 4

@Nefarious Trigger I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm saying that it's a possibility. @The Evil Overlord I'm using the off topic conspiracy board not the main boards.

2 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

It's a tech site with a lot of non-tech sections. Though I do agree that it doesn't need a separate thread.

I'm new to using sites like this. I didn't see a section for this that's why I created a thread.

OK folks, the thread is in the correct section. Please do not berate a new member just because their first thread is of a dim topic.

• Like 2

Just now, Brandon H said:

OK folks, the thread is in the correct section. Please do not berate a new member just because their first thread is of a dim topic.

:laugh::p Sorry had to.

Welcome to neowin hex.

I think they were both secretly lovers, hence why he killed himself.  OR maybe he killed chris cornell through erotic asfixiation and was filling guilty

10 minutes ago, Unknown Hexis said:

I'm new to using sites like this. I didn't see a section for this that's why I created a thread.

It's fine, but you should have posted what you said in the thread linked below. At least you'll know what to do next time:

3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

It's fine, but you should have posted what you said in the thread linked below. At least you'll know what to do next time:

Thank you. I'll make sure to do that next time.

I don't see any berating!?  Commenting on a thread and it being relevant to another, or a tech forum sure.  Wow, maybe we need a neowin safe space ;)

New User: welcome!

• Like 2

Just now, Nefarious Trigger said:

I don't see any berating!?  Commenting on a thread and it being relevant to another, or a tech forum sure.  Wow, maybe we need a neowin safe space ;)

You can find it here: www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1318488-unofficial-neowin-member-lounge/   ;)

• Like 2

Linkin Park were one of the bands I grew up on, and from what I've read recently and already knew, Chester had more than a tough time during childhood and battled through various pshychological problems throughout his life. These are only some of the reasons why Linkin Park were so sucessful, with those experiences and feelings translated into the band's deep and meaningful lyrics.

With that said, I don't believe that the songs on thier latest album were written or inspired by Chris Cornell's death, as these songs would have been recorded, and certainly written prior to Chris Cornell's death. However, that does not suggest that Chester wasn't expressing himself through these songs. I do believe, like all their songs, the songs on the latest album's song titles and lyrics are heavily inspired by the on-going and previously suffered problems Chester has had throughout his life.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, Daedroth said:

Linkin Park were one of the bands I grew up on, and from what I've read recently and already knew, Chester had more than a tough time during childhood and battled through various pshychological problems throughout his life. These are only some of the reasons why Linkin Park were so sucessful, with those experiences and feelings translated into the band's deep and meaningful lyrics.

With that said, I don't believe that the songs on thier latest album were written or inspired by Chris Cornell's death, as these songs would have been recorded, and certainly written prior to Chris Cornell's death. However, that does not suggest that Chester wasn't expressing himself through these songs. I do believe, like all their songs, the songs on the latest album's song titles and lyrics are heavily inspired by the on-going and previously suffered problems Chester has had throughout his life.

I believe you may be correct. When I was referring to Cornell I was speaking of the fact that the important date could have heightened Chester's depression. I to grew up with them and I have to say... Chester's voice will never be matched by anyone.