Falcon 9: Dragon CRS-12 mission thread

Returning to flight after the Eastern Range shutdown, but not without gremlins.

Atlas V TDRS-M, which has the first launch slot, was planned for August 3 but is expected to slip right because an antenna was damaged during satellite closeout.  Oops!

To make room for Atlas V's slip CRS-12 also slips from August 10 to NET August 14.

Static fire: TBD
Launch date: NET August 14
Launch time: TBD, likely around 1400 Eastern.

Payloads 

General logistics

Kestrel Eye: an electro-optical micro-satellite meant to improve situational awareness for brigade combat teams. US Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command (SMDC/ARSTRAT)

Optical Fiber Production in Microgravity (OFPIM) Experiment 

Light Microscopy Module (upgrade)

ELaNa 22 (7 cubesats) 

Ah even better, I do like a weekend launch.

Especially at 1631 UTC! Burger and Beer time! 

2 hours ago, DocM said:

Should have expected this when the static fire moved,

Launch: August 14, 2017

aw man, there goes my launch beers.

Hewlett Packard Enterprise is sending a supercomputer to the International Space Station aboard SpaceX’s next resupply mission for NASA

Officially named the “Spaceborne Computer,” the Linux-based supercomputer is designed to serve in a one year experiment conducted by NASA and HPE to find out if high performance computing hardware, with no hardware customization or modification, can survive and operate in outer space conditions for a full year – the length of time, not coincidentally, it’ll likely take for a crewed spacecraft to make the trip to Mars.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/11/why-hpe-is-sending-a-supercomputer-to-the-iss-on-spacexs-next-rocket/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DocM said:

Official per Chris Bergin's new Commercial Crew article,

CRS-12 is the debut of Falcon 9 Block 4.

The official debut, anyway. :shifty: I'm sure there are still a few Block 3's left to launch, including the Falcon Heavy side boosters that are Reflight-Certified each that'll go up in November(?). It'll be a good flight, though. I know I'll be watching. :yes: 

I'll echo the sentiments also. :yes: That was kinda funny, they panned to the landing shot long enough to show it landing as if to say "yep, it landed" then back to the S2. Two years ago there would have been nothing routine or "meh" about it ... :laugh::rofl: