When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Windows Help Me Choose: Microsoft launches new tool to help buyers select a Windows 10 PC

Microsoft has introduced a new tool to help buyers select the Windows 10 PC that meets their needs and preferences.

Known as Windows Help Me Choose, the interactive tool can be found on Microsoft's Windows 10 site. It walks buyers through a series of questions, asking how they'll use their new PC, and identifying which features are most important to them.

After answering a few questions, users will see a list of suggested systems that fit their requirements, although only a small number of options from a relatively limited range of manufacturers will be shown.

Help Me Choose offers additional functionality beyond assisting with purchasing choices. You can use it to find out more about Windows 10 features, and it can also check for the latest Windows 10 updates.

For those using earlier versions of Windows, it can also be used to help buyers purchase a Windows 10 licence for their PC. Microsoft's offer of a free upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 ended last year, so those wishing to install the newer version on their existing PCs must now buy the full edition of the OS, with no upgrade pricing available.

Source: Windows Help Me Choose via Windows Blogs

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Quad-core Intel processors will be coming to Ultrabooks soon

Previous Article

Pre-orders for the 128GB HTC U11 go live tonight; U Ultra finally priced reasonably