Uber License to operate in London not renewed by Transport For London.

Transport for London will not renew Uber's licence to operate in the England Capital. 

Transport for London has announced that it will not renew Uber's private hire licence after concluding it is "not fit and proper" to hold one.

TfL said the taxi-hailing app had demonstrated "a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of issues which have potential public safety and security implications".

It has informed the US-based company that it will not be issued with a new licence after the expiry of its current licence on 30 September.

image.thumb.png.4177d2d9ed7a6ef38925695db8de2aab.png

Uber currently has around 40,000 drivers in London.

Source: http://news.sky.com/story/transport-for-london-will-not-renew-ubers-licence-11047580

There will be a lot of happy taxi drivers in London then as well as, possibly, unhappy passengers cos there'll be no market in pricing.

I still don't know how I feel about this.

I loved the cost of Uber trips but hate that I have to give directions to the driver to take me from Covent Garden to Waterloo. I've had both good and bad experiences with Uber but never a bad experience with a black cab (apparent from the cost) :p