DJ software

Question

I am currently doing work with a DJ (turning his CD collection into MP3, etc) and he is using Virtual DJ, however this program is very slow to build its database on large collections, and each time a new track is added it must be rebuilt. I looking for an program that will catalog all the mp3 files and allow searching, it must allow searching of an external drive, since that is how we have the media. Most of the other programs I have demoed do not store the database file permanently (appears to be just stored in temp and removed when the program shuts down) any recommendations will be appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

20 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I am currently doing work with a DJ (turning his CD collection into MP3, etc) and he is using Virtual DJ, however this program is very slow to build its database on large collections, and each time a new track is added it must be rebuilt. I looking for an program that will catalog all the mp3 files and allow searching, it must allow searching of an external drive, since that is how we have the media. Most of the other programs I have demoed do not store the database file permanently (appears to be just stored in temp and removed when the program shuts down) any recommendations will be appreciated. 

bit of a curveball, but have you checked out Fruity loops 12, its more a DAW but it may do what he needs. they also used to have a DJ package but doesnt seem to be on their site anymore. Fruity was my DAW of choice when i dabbled using softsynths.

https://www.image-line.com/