alternative to Itunes , need a program that doesn't import music on my main ssd

hi

i recently repleace  the ssd on my imac

and i have an external drive with my music

sadly itunes , import all my songs/music on my ssd

i don't want to fill it up , is there an alternative that could keep my songs on my external disk ?

at leat i have not find any option on itunes

i have the same problems with photos (i don't want to import all the photos on my main ssd)

in the past i had an hard disk full of music ,videos and photos taken with my camera

thanks

You know theres a setting in iTunes to point the library location elsewhere right? or you could move your Music folder to your external drive and symlink it

• Like 2

On 10/13/2017 at 0:43 AM, drugo said:

hi

i recently repleace  the ssd on my imac

and i have an external drive with my music

sadly itunes , import all my songs/music on my ssd

i don't want to fill it up , is there an alternative that could keep my songs on my external disk ?

at leat i have not find any option on itunes

i have the same problems with photos (i don't want to import all the photos on my main ssd)

in the past i had an hard disk full of music ,videos and photos taken with my camera

thanks

Simple fix my friend. Go into settings and then library and make sure to uncheck an option that says to copy music to the itunes folder. I believe it is under Advanced in iTunes preferences, it has been a while since I have had to configure it. This way you can have all of your music on another driver or network location without it taking up space on your main drive!