Playboy to Feature Its First Transgender Playmate

For the first time in its 64-year history, Playboy magazine will feature a transgender Playmate, a decision that Cooper Hefner, a top executive at the magazine, said on Thursday was in keeping with its founding mission of embracing changing attitudes about sex.

The French model Ines Rau, 26, will appear as the November centerfold in the first issue since the death of Hugh Hefner, Mr. Hefner’s father and the magazine’s founder.

Selecting Ms. Rau “very much speaks to the brand’s philosophy,” said Mr. Hefner, 26, Playboy’s chief creative officer. “It’s the right thing to do. We’re at a moment where gender roles are evolving.”

Mr. Hefner said he selected Ms. Rau to be a Playmate two months ago because she’s “lovely” and has “a remarkable personality,” but also to resolidify the magazine’s voice. “This is really a moment for us to take a step back and say that so much of what the brand stood for in the early years is very much still alive in culture.”

Continue reading the main story

When Ms. Rau — who has appeared in American Vogue, Italian Vogue and a Balmain campaign, among others — heard that she would be a Playmate, she cried from happiness, she said on Thursday.

“It was a compliment like I’ve never had,” she said. “I’ve had a lot of beautiful compliments from gentlemen before, but this one really made me feel very special, beautiful and feminine. I was speechless.”

But the announcement was not without resistance. A quick scroll through Playboy’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages on Thursday revealed a mix of reactions. Many commenters expressed support and marveled at Ms. Rau’s beauty, but others said they were shocked or even appalled by the decision.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/forum/232-domestic-politics/?do=add

The first issue, after Hugh Hefners tribute death issue. Makes you wonder if they were just waiting for Hefner to die so they could print this issue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Transgender doesn’t mean post-op. 

Given that these are nudes, I don't expect that to be an issue.

Quote : " Jenna Jameson is not happy with Playboy's choice to feature its first ever transgender Playmate, the French model Ines Rau, in its November issue.

The former adult entertainer told Fox News, "I just think it's a ridiculous attempt by Playboy to stay relevant. It is a foolish decision that alienates its consumer base."

We reached out to Playboy who did not comment. But Cooper Hefner, the son of late founder Hugh Hefner, told the New York Times: "It’s the right thing to do. We’re at a moment where gender roles are evolving.”

Source : http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/dont-miss/jenna-jameson-slams-playboy-for-featuring-first-transgender-model-on-cover

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Given that these are nudes, I don't expect that to be an issue.

Maybe not but that’s what he was referring to. 

I really hope Playboy loses a TON of business over this. There is no reason for a transgender to be in Playboy. Men buy the magazine to see naked natural females (The sex not the boobs (as a lot of them are fake boobs)). I'm sure there is a magazine(s) for people who want to look at a naked transgender individual. So go read that one.

Poor Hugh is just rolling over in his grave.

8 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I really hope Playboy loses a TON of business over this. There is no reason for a transgender to be in Playboy. Men buy the magazine to see naked natural females (The sex not the boobs (as a lot of them are fake boobs)). I'm sure there is a magazine(s) for people who want to look at a naked transgender individual. So go read that one.

Poor Hugh is just rolling over in his grave.

There is no such thing as “a transgender” it’s not a noun. The comments on this thread are disgusting. Good luck to Ines Rau, I hope they get Carmen Carrera in there next 

3 minutes ago, -T- said:

There is no such thing as “a transgender” it’s not a noun. The comments on this thread are disgusting. Good luck to Ines Rau, I hope they get Carmen Carrera in there next 

Disgusting because we don't find women who were originally men, attractive? Look everyone can have their tastes, mine isn't women who were once men.

5 minutes ago, -T- said:

Help me out here, who are you to decide what people should like and accept? 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:33 PM, -T- said:

Let's be honest, Playboy hasn't known for its articles, it's masturbation material. It's the kind of thing they have in sperm banks to help a man donate their sperm into a cup. How many guys want to buy playboy to see a man who's been surgically transformed into a woman naked? It gives the opposite effect!

This is an appeal to the pansexual and bisexual crowd by playboy.

Heteronormative behavior is to seek out an healthy woman who can bear young. Even if you remove the need for kids, transgender persons still maintain masculine traits - such as proportions if not the man noodle. Straight men wouldn't find someone like Jenner or Manning as attractive, if not just downright repulsive. 

Gay men, on the other hand, would be turned off by the feminine aspects that transgender people strive for.

Who does that leave? A very small amount of readers that's who.

3 hours ago, warwagon said:

Let's be honest, Playboy hasn't known for its articles, 

>

That is about as wrong a  statement is I've heard in a long time. For the last 50+ years Playboy has been known for its in depth  interviews with everyone from heads of state down to the news makers of the day. Also fiction and commentary by many of the great writers and commentators of the 20th century.

The original point of playboy was to highlight the girl next door. They then came up with playgirl to highlight men.  If you think a transgender approach is what is wanted, make a transgender mag.  If you think transsexual is the up and coming, make a mag for that.  Leave each of their own doing and liking.  

I could do without the fake boobs and tattoos. 

If the trans society wants a mag, don’t screw with what people like..make a new one to accommodate.