Xbox One X Scorpio Edition Preorder Dilemma

So, on August 20th, I scored a preorder for the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. Just a few days later, I accepted a job offer in California. Fast forward two months, I'm living in California. I thought it'd be a good idea to update my order for the Scorpio so that it would get shipped to my office in California (I am still apartment hunting). However, there's no obvious way that I can do this online. Furthermore, when I called Microsoft's Store Support number, I was told that once an order was placed, there is no way to change the address. I can only:

1. Cancel the order and re-order the item. Not an option since the Scorpio Edition is out of stock

2. Once it ships, call the courier and hope that they'll change the address on the fly (not sure I want to risk that with such a short time frame)

Has anyone else gone though such a thing? I tried asking to speak with someone above the support rep, but she refused to budge. I can't believe this is something that would be so difficult. I don't have this issue with any of my Amazon orders.

Never had that happen before, I think if it's going to ship with, say fedex or ups, changing the shipping address should be possible without much of an issue.  You just have to wait to get a tracking number and the notice that it's went out for shipping.  If changing the address isn't an option maybe have them hold it for you at one of their centers?  I believe that's always an option as well.  Still, weird that they won't change the shipping address before it ships to begin with, though I've never had to do that so I don't know.

Keep an eye for when it ships.  Then call the shipping company and they can update the address.  I have had this done before.  Or if it is USPS, a forwarding address should take care of it.

I decided to call MS Store support again and this time I got better results. This time, they opened a ticket for me and contacted the warehouse to update the shipping address. I received an email confirming that this was successful so it seems that all is well. Hopefully it comes to my side of the country :).

• Like 3