FCU - File Protection fail

Until Microsoft figures this whole security thing out, it might be best to disable file protection when updating drivers....

I had to whitelist explorer.exe last night because the shiny new Windows file protection feature was blocking it from making changes. I check the exe and it was digitally signed, legit explorer.exe. 

File protection also puked on Nvidia display driver installation.  The installer said everything succeeded, but I got a FP warning at the very end. Had problems with the account sign-in "misfiring" afterwards. I'd sign-in and the lockscreen would immediately reappear, forcing me to enter my password again. Disabled FP, re-installed display driver and everything was fine again.

Yeah, I’m not really sure what’s going on. Probably upgrade vs clean install nonsense. I’ll most likely clean install this rig at some point and make a fresh image. 

Just now, slamfire92 said:

Yeah, I’m not really sure what’s going on. Probably upgrade vs clean install nonsense. I’ll most likely clean install this rig at some point and make a fresh image. 

Ah, that may be. I clean installed.