How do these extensions are put to use actually?

Hello !

Extensions palette within Google chrome has these listings by default. But how do we put these to use in actual?

For rest of the add-ons we do see some special icon coming up near the address bar , with some drop-down menu & thus put those to active use!

What's the relevance of these? Afterall, one would still be able to use Google docs without these!

So why retain these??? Why are these here at the first place?

Please enumerate their relevance or probably ...how to create a new doc without visiting Google Docs website?

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks. 

oQ9a0ew[1].jpg

They are there because they are made by Google and you're using Google's browser.

The reason for them is to enchance their G-Suite products when using Chrome, making things like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc easier to use. Preciesly how they enhance functionality, I don't know, as I rarely use them.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:27 PM, Daedroth said:

making things like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc easier to use.

The question is How?

What if I decide to get rid of these? How will my experience be affected in the latter case?

Thanks.

The question is How?
What if I decide to get rid of these? How will my experience be affected in the latter case?
Thanks.

I think you'd be stuck using the web version of those services, rather than within the add-on/app. It could be that the web app has more features than the web version.

It is probably related to the Offline stuff.  If you didn't have the other extensions, then Offline documents wouldn't work.  Just a guess.