Found a TV on the street, no plug! Help!

Hey guys, the original owner of the TV I found says it works great.  I was gonna pick it up, but some punk cut the cord.. I grabbed it anyway.  I WAS gonna cut cord on one of my other TVs (ones with built in VHS/DVD) but then noticed I had an extra PC PSU cord.  Do you suppose it can handle the load?  It's not too short like most PSU wires, but not sure if could get hot or what... do you think I'd be better off using one of those green 2 prong extension cords?  Otherwise I'll have to bid farewell to one of my little TVs (the player is broken anyway, was gonna fix it, but parts weren't available).

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!  Yes I dusted it and wiped what I could without touching the transformer's board... I hate that board...  Lenses wiped, all's well!  No bulb, no wheel, tis a pure CRT Projector.  Did the convergence manually and have a pure white grid.  Oh it's beautiful!!!  Aside my crummy photos I'd say it's real colorful IRL.  The Dr Mario comparisons are before and after from a lens wipe.  I might have to do the mirror, I can see a rainbow cobweb in the corner (only on white screen).  I had to use a flash for the Mario 3 shot so you could see the pretty cabinet, otherwise it was way too dark (Mario 3 looks bright, but IRL it's nice and colorful)+

https://imgur.com/a/OTnrx

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Izlude said:

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!  Yes I dusted it and wiped what I could without touching the transformer's board... I hate that board...  Lenses wiped, all's well!  No bulb, no wheel, tis a pure CRT Projector.  Did the convergence manually and have a pure white grid.  Oh it's beautiful!!!  Aside my crummy photos I'd say it's real colorful IRL.  The Dr Mario comparisons are before and after from a lens wipe.  I might have to do the mirror, I can see a rainbow cobweb in the corner (only on white screen).  I had to use a flash for the Mario 3 shot so you could see the pretty cabinet, otherwise it was way too dark (Mario 3 looks bright, but IRL it's nice and colorful)+

I'm actually impressed that it wasn't suffering from some kind of fault

Most rear projectors I have had to transport for recycling, have always been broken

13 hours ago, Izlude said:

That is beautiful. I miss my old rear projection TV ...

Never had a rear projection TV ... doubt I would miss having one. Last TV I had (before my plasma) was a Sony Trinitron 36inch ... weighed about a ton (well a little over 200 pounds).  Do not miss that beast at all.

Guess if I had a bunch of old consoles around (SNES, etc) it would be ok having tube TV...

Anyway, nice score!

You did clean out the boards though ... original picture looked like fire without the flames. :)