Going to make some people who use Verizon voicemail (non-visual) very happy!

I’m about to make some you very happy today. So about 6 months ago Verizon updated their voicemail system.

After the update when you check your messages (if you don’t have visual voicemail) it spends the time reading back who it’s from, the phone number it’s from (digit by digit) and the duration of the call. It drags on and on making the time it takes to actually listen to a single message excruciating.

How would you like to turn that crap off?

Here is how.

First, dial your phone number and then enter your password and press # That will take you straight to your voicemail. Now use the following numbers

4-2-4-2

This will disable envelope information. You can repeat those same steps to turn it back on.

Now when you play a message, it tells you have 1 new message and then plays it instantly, none of that other crap!

Enjoy! ;)

huh, mine was already off.  I did notice that Visual Voicemail all of a sudden started working with Verizon.  Kept saying before the service was not available.  Never really spent much time looking at it.  Since then, I just used that to check my VMs instead of dialing my number.  So maybe when VV was enabled, it disabled envelope info as well by default.