When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Users reporting broken multi-touch after updating to Android 8.1

It has been a few days since Google started rolling out the Android 8.1 update for Pixel devices. The update is rolling out as we speak, but users who have already received it on their devices are reporting a major issue with it. Several users took it to Google Forums and Reddit to complain about the broken multi-touch feature after updating to Android 8.1.

Surprisingly, one of the users reported on Google Product forums that the broken multi-touch problem was present in the Android 8.1 Developer Preview 1 as well. Reverting back to the stable Android 8.0 got rid of the problem, and it seems apparent that the stable Android 8.1 still has this issue, so it's most likely the software is to blame.

Users report that the problem is easily noticeable while playing games, as using multiple fingers will cause the image on display to jump and shake, especially first-person shooter games. It's not only related to gaming but the problem exists in other apps which requires the use of multiple fingers, such as Google Photos. Here's a preview of the problem which users are reporting

Orrin, Community Manager at Pixel User Community said,

Hey All,

Thanks for the reports and for sending feedback. I'm digging into this, and will keep you posted with any other information I can get.

I might be reaching out privately to a few of you for bug reports as well.

Thanks

If you're facing this problem, it's best to report it by going to Settings > System > About Phone > Send feedback about this device.

Source: Google Issue Tracker, Reddit via: Piunikaweb

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Get this Voice, Chat and Vision Automation Bundle for just $29

Previous Article

LG V30+ launches in India for ₹44,990 on December 18