Spinning blue circle occasionally on Windows 10... Possible conflicts.

Hey all, I'm running a new rig (specs in sig,) ever since I installed Windows 10 on it, from the very start, I get this blue circle from time to time, and I believe it's lagging up my games when I play aka stutters. 

I've checked event viewer, and the only thing I usually see is the dcom error (which seems to be another Windows 10 problem) and bthub (I have a bluetooth device in it.

It's possible it could be the bluetooth, but I've never had problems like that with Windows 7 and the same dongle. I'm going to try to fix the dcom error, but would anyone happen to know what this spinning blue circle could be? It usually only shows up for about a second, but every 2-5 minutes!

Blue circle where? Might be the location thing firing up in the system tray? Only other thing I can think of is Cortana.

1 hour ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Blue circle where? Might be the location thing firing up in the system tray? Only other thing I can think of is Cortana.

I think he means the "busy" pointer. the spinning blue circle.

Uninstall the bluetooth adapter and see if there is a non windows supplied driver for it.

also when it shows this behavior, check in task manager and see whats using cpu cycles, GPU cycles and Disk activity, it may point you in the direction of whats eating cycles.

Could be superfetch, Disk indexing or cortana for example.

9 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Indexing service is a good shout but I thought that was only supposed to catalog contents when the PC is idle?

it should yes, but on a fresh install sometimes it invokes it for superfetch etc. Sort o a first initial pass kind of idea.

I'm going to try to stop superfetch, I have an SSD so probably don't need it. Same for indexing, and I absolutely don't need Cortana. Windows 10 is such a nightmare, I have another problem that others have where if I restart, it hangs right before the restart and the monitor turns off so it's stuck right before the reboot... But I'll save that for another time. Might go back down to Windows 7, I NEVER had problems like this on W7. Only upgraded to W10 to be "future proof," but that's a crock of ###### seemingly.

2 hours ago, HelgenX said:

I'm going to try to stop superfetch, I have an SSD so probably don't need it. Same for indexing, and I absolutely don't need Cortana. Windows 10 is such a nightmare, I have another problem that others have where if I restart, it hangs right before the restart and the monitor turns off so it's stuck right before the reboot... But I'll save that for another time. Might go back down to Windows 7, I NEVER had problems like this on W7. Only upgraded to W10 to be "future proof," but that's a crock of ###### seemingly.

It certainly isn’t a crock for everyone, so I don’t know that I would automatically be blaming Windows 10. 

Hello,

You mentioned that you had put Windows 10 onto the desktop computer (MSI B350M Gaming Pro, AMD Ryzen 3 .1Ghz, 8gb DDR4 3100mhz, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB , Acer H233H 23", Logitech MX518, Windows 10 Pro.).  Does this mean that it was running a previous version of Windows and that you upgraded it, or that you performed a clean installation of Windows 10 to its SSD?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HelgenX said:

have you used process explorer etc to confirm whats eating up your cycles first? Thats a sensible approach before you start nobbling services.

its sounding if you have a flakey install tbh, do a factory reset from inside of windows (windows 7 also can suffer from a flakey install) 

Any chance you've been tweaking it to the point where you're actually much worse off? Since you're talking about disabling Superfetch because you have an SSD would indicate this. Are you sure you haven't turned off some service or installed some snake oil application which is causing this issue?

Edited by Vince800