My Samsung Galaxy Avant Keeps Turning On and Off

How do I fix this? It's driving me insane! It's been like this since about 11am on January 12, 2018. It just keeps turning off and on over and over until the battery depletes. The phone gets hot as hell because of this.

Here's how it happens. It vibrates, shows the phone name, Samsung logo, T-mobile 4g lte white screen, then it goes to the actual phone itself for like 3 seconds then shuts off and restarts. It's frustrating and annoying!! Literally the ONLY way I am able to use it is by repeatedly pressing the power button when it goes to the lock screen. It'll stay on until I stop then restart again. It won't even let me go into safe mode. A few minutes ago, I managed to somehow get it to work. I started updating my apps from playstore. About 10 apps in, it reboots again. I've had enough. Please help me.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Sounds like a dying battery, my S3, and S4 S4 active (replacement) and S5 did that.

I've replaced the battery and the issue still reoccurs

uh hmmm.  Odd, there is a similar question (verbatim) on another site ... though it was posted 6 months ago.  Coincidence, I'm sure.  :shiftyninja:

Could try this... https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28856

or .... factory reset (after you've backed everything up).  Might be time to get another phone.

Unfortunately with phones ... there is only so much you can do.