Recently got the 2017 $329 iPad.. LOVE IT!

So I recently got the new $329 32GB iPad. The last iPad I bought was the iPad 2 in 2011. This new $329 iPad is fantastic. Performance is great, the new iOS 11 features are also great. i'm loving the dock and being able to put Facebook messenger on the side of the screen and being able to swipe it in from the side, look at a message and swipe it away.

It's battery life is crazy, after video chatting with my parents for 25 mins and it finally dropped from 100% down to 99%. I'm writing this on Friday. I took it off the charger Wednesday, my mom played with it for about 40 mins reading a book and I had a 30 min video chat and I've also watched some youtube on it. The battery as of Friday morning is 96%.

My previous main tablet was a Galaxy Note pro 12.2. It was also a great tablet but 12.2 was too large. But it stopped getting Android updates a long time ago.  I've always been a huge fan of 9.7 inch screens. 

So if you want an iPad I highly recommend the $329 iPad. I would also recommend you get the black face iPad, then you can't see the tiny black border which is visible on the side of the cheaper ipad.

It's my new goto tablet. I don't use it at home very much other than to video chat but it is now the tablet I take with me when I leave the house for a couple of days.

I definitely can't complain about the build or price overall, but it seems weird to have a 2017 model using a several generations old processor.  Can't use their new HEIF image tech because of it.

I got the iPad pro 9.7 with 256GB and loving it. As you said battery life is great... sometimes i go few days before charging it again.

Mostly use it for watching netflix, occasionally playing games, surf the net and check emails.

Got the large storage with the SD Card reader as I like taking photos when I travel so this lets me upload all my photos, do minor editing and upload them to my cloud storage.

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 11:08 AM, Euphoria said:

I got the iPad pro 9.7 with 256GB and loving it. [...] Got the large storage with the SD Card reader [...]

What? No iPad has ever included a memory card slot, not on the tablet itself. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first I've heard of Apple including memory card support, so I don't think it's true.

That said, there are ways to expand storage on iOS. There are Lightning based flash drives, for one (e.g. SanDisk iXpand). (And now I remembered I have a 64GB iXpand drive laying around somewhere. I almost never use it.) Like anything else in iOS, it can only use its own bespoke space. It can copy all your photos off the phone, and then delete them from the phone. I don't know if it can copy in the other direction. You can store music and video on the iXpand drive that can then be played in the iXpand app. 

I think the iPad is the best device Apple is making at the moment. I got drunk and ordered a iPad Pro 10.5" last year and it ended up being one of my better drunk purchases.

8 minutes ago, dragontology said:

What? No iPad has ever included a memory card slot, not on the tablet itself. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first I've heard of Apple including memory card support, so I don't think it's true.

I got the SD Card Reader dongle, so it's not integrated within the iPad.

This way I can upload all my photos from my FujiFilm camera. I can do it via WiFI but this is faster.

Just now, Euphoria said:

I got the SD Card Reader dongle, so it's not integrated within the iPad.

This way I can upload all my photos from my FujiFilm camera. I can do it via WiFI but this is faster.

That makes sense. It probably works the same way as the iXpand drives, behind the scenes, I mean.

• 2 months later...