Live tiles missing

I experienced an issue with my work laptop taking a long time to open Excel and Access files. I first reimaged using the standard image available for my workplace, but that didn't fix the problem with Office. I ended up reimaging my laptop again, but this time I used a test image. That seems to have fixed the problem with slow opening of Office files. In both instances of imaging, I seem to have lost the live tiles. I've been used to simply clicking the start menu and being able to select an office application that I want to use. I now have to either navigate through the list of programs or type excel or access or whatever office application I want to use. 

My understanding is that in a future Windows update, the live tiles are going away. Everyone at my workplace has the 1607 update, but has a different build date based on when the machine was imaged. I think I am the only one that doesn't have the live tiles on the start menu. Even on my home computer which has the 1709 Windows update, I still have the live tiles. Is there a way to get them back?

From what I have been seeing, this is a common problem.  I have seen that if you logon using another account, or create a new account, then it appears to be fine. 

I also had a weird issue setting up a new PC.  .NET would not install and the laptop would auto restart every hour.  Had to run the Win10 setup again and reinstall the OS. I DLed the latest ISO from MS, ran the setup, and chose the upgrade option and to keep all my settings, apps, and files.  Apparently there was some issues that even a sfc /scannow didnt fix.

Edited by techbeck

I would try a clean install of Windows 10 just to confirm if it's a compatibility issue or not. It's difficult to troubleshoot anything when you're using system images, perhaps you should speak to your IT department.