Wifi stops working on battery

Hey all,

Basically when I unplug my laptop WiFi internet disappears and only way to get it working is plugging in and restarting laptop.

So far, ive tried:

1. Setting power management to high, advanced wifi to maximum performance.  no dice...

2. in device manager disabled "allow computer to turn this device off". still here.

Computer specs:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    NORTHERNSTAR
System Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model    G750JX
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. G750JX.208, 8/19/2013
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Model    Not Available
BaseBoard Name    Base Board
Platform Role    Mobile
Secure Boot State    On
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale    United States

\

Also I get these two errors in system even view:

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll

and #2

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
 and APPID 
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I smell a bad wireless card.

Did/can you try a external/USB one, at all?

43 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I smell a bad wireless card.

Did/can you try a external/USB one, at all?

hmmmm no not in a short time frame. 

44 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Do you have Power4Gear installed? If so, remove it and try again.

Did not work.

Also, a weird note, wifi appears to be online at least at the navbar icon. If all else fails then I guess Il eventually reset windows 10, but trying to avoid that to finding the culprit

v8PxrPD.jpg

Change your power settings to "High Performance" while using the battery. If that works, maybe a setting in there somewhere. Did this just start out of nowhere?

Maybe try this.. Slightly different than what you already did..

right click on your battery icon then go to "Power Options" under selected plan click on "Change plan settings" then click on "Change advanced power settings" After press the little plus sign on the left of "Wireless Adapter Settings" and the little plus sign on the left of "Power Saving Settings" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" then right click "On battery" and change it to "Maximum Performance"

Here are my 2 cents: Don't know if this will help (Check the picture)

By any chance.. Have you tried upgrading the wireless drivers and/or reinstalling them?

Fix Wireless.png

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

right click on your battery icon then go to "Power Options" under selected plan click on "Change plan settings" then click on "Change advanced power settings" After press the little plus sign on the left of "Wireless Adapter Settings" and the little plus sign on the left of "Power Saving Settings" under "Wireless Adapter Settings" then right click "On battery" and change it to "Maximum Performance"

Dang! You just beat me to it Hahaha

COuld also try..

" Go to the device manager and right click on the wifi card -> properties -> advanced settings -> and i've changed the value from auto to 20 MHz in both 802.11n (2,4GHz and 5.2Gzh) channel width. I'm not sure what it does but i solved my wifi problems. Try this, you can always change it to auto if it doesn't work."

The error message has to do with the proxy server. If you are indeed using a proxy that might be the problem. If not using one make sure the setting for the proxy server is not ticked.

3 minutes ago, helpifIcan said:

The error message has to do with the proxy server. If you are indeed using a proxy that might be the problem. If not using one make sure the setting for the proxy server is not ticked.

That's just a generic message basically.

Hello,

By any chance, are you enabling Airplane Mode at any point from the Notifications panel in the lower-right corner of the taskbar? 

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 3/17/2018 at 8:32 PM, warwagon said:

COuld also try..

" Go to the device manager and right click on the wifi card -> properties -> advanced settings -> and i've changed the value from auto to 20 MHz in both 802.11n (2,4GHz and 5.2Gzh) channel width. I'm not sure what it does but i solved my wifi problems. Try this, you can always change it to auto if it doesn't work."

warwagon has a point, windows 10 doesnt report 20/40hz channel width properly, try the 20 and see if that stabilises the connectivity.

also check all the latest drivers from Asus website are being used, including latest eufi bios updates (if any)

Rog 17" laptop?

On 17/3/2018 at 12:53 PM, fusi0n said:

Change your power settings to "High Performance" while using the battery. If that works, maybe a setting in there somewhere. Did this just start out of nowhere?

Done, same result

On 17/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, warwagon said:

Done, same result

On 17/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, Jose_49 said:

Here are my 2 cents: Don't know if this will help (Check the picture)

By any chance.. Have you tried upgrading the wireless drivers and/or reinstalling them?

Fix Wireless.png

Dang! You just beat me to it Hahaha

Broadcom drivers are the most recent for this asus 17 rog, tried deleting driver, uninstalling device, disabling device, then re-enabling, etc. same thing.

On 17/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, warwagon said:

COuld also try..

k Will try this later today

5 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

By any chance, are you enabling Airplane Mode at any point from the Notifications panel in the lower-right corner of the taskbar? 

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Nope not at all.

4 hours ago, Mando said:

warwagon has a point, windows 10 doesnt report 20/40hz channel width properly, try the 20 and see if that stabilises the connectivity.

also check all the latest drivers from Asus website are being used, including latest eufi bios updates (if any)

Rog 17" laptop?

Hmm have not checked other drivers, will check, though asus is a pain to upgrade.  

And yup, Asus  G750JX Rog 17