Do you believe in aliens and Erich Von Daniken's theory of ancient aliens?

Do I believe in Aliens?  Yes, I believe in other forms of life in the Universe that we have yet to come across.

Do I believe in Chariots of Gods? Lets just say I am neither a believer or an unbeliever.  I will become a believer once it is a proven fact, until then I will hold it as a personal possibility until disproved.

Extraterrestrial life? Sure. That doesn't mean it has to be advanced and flying around in spaceships, but I think that with such diverse life here on Earth it's impossible to rule out the possibility probability of life elsewhere.

Did extraterrestrials come and influence the various cultures around the world? No, I don't believe that for a second. I enjoy a good sci-fi as much as the next person, but it's just that: science fiction.

• Like 3

Yes, with respect to multicellular organisms in the universe.  The universe is stupidly and mind-boggling huge for this one spec of dust to be the only one with life.  I also do not doubt there are civilizations out there which are building structures, flying "aircraft", driving "cars", exploring space, etc., not unlike what we have here.

No, with respect to the second question.

• Like 3

what jim said ^ :)

heheh i reckon there is intelligent life out there and they see where we are at and keeping well away,

hmm this planet earth object on the starmap, give them a millenia or two, they still self hating and self destroying, they would be too much effort, next star system!

or I kind alike the concept at the end of Men in Black. :) (cosmic game of marbles)

I believe there's almost certainly other intelligent life in the universe. That doesn't mean I think they're flying over rural areas, killing cattle etc.

Beings have been on earth millions of years before our current recorded history way before the flood. Just look at all the pyramids, The  other ruins that are at the ocean floor & all of the megaliths archeologists cannot explain. Its all possible! BTW he's a great author if you haven't read any of his books I highly suggest them they are also on audible.   

Real scholars have so picked this apart, very poor scholarship and interpretation. Most the "arguments" and examples he used have been proven to be very earth bound in similar studies and example of other cultures. When it was new, it was exciting to believe but all his assertions have been refuted.

4 hours ago, winrez said:

Beings have been on earth millions of years before our current recorded history way before the flood. Just look at all the pyramids, The  other ruins that are at the ocean floor & all of the megaliths archeologists cannot explain. Its all possible! BTW he's a great author if you haven't read any of his books I highly suggest them they are also on audible.   

Before the flood? Excuse my ignorance, but would you care to clarify that bit? You can't be talking about Noah and the Ark?

5 hours ago, winrez said:

Archeologists cannot explain it, so it must be aliens. This reminds me of another human fault of...what was it...oh yes, believing in deities to explain the unknown. 

Life elsewhere? Complete metaphysical certitude.

Have they visited us? Maybe. Who am I to say otherwise?

I'm open to the possibility. AS a student of Science, I cannot say anything except "I don't know".

On 5/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, winrez said:

What flood? Cause there's no evidence of any global flood. Nor does not having a full understanding of X equate the jump to alien helped create X. 

• 5 weeks later...

The evidence is overWhelming. If it makes you feel any better, Buzz Aldrin, after years being silent about it, admitted to seeing a strange object while in orbit around the moon. He even admitted NASA advised him and the crew to keep quiet and deny everything. Also recently, the NAVY pilots that chased a UFO. It was on the news. If there is a human being on this planet that can tell the difference between a plane and a UFO, it's a NAVY pilot. Those guys have eyes like a hawk, and if that pilot says what he saw was not of this earth, you better believe it.

I do believe we are not alone. To believe we are the only living beings in the universe is pure ignorance. I do believe we are being watched. I do believe our government is hiding something from the public, not because they don't want us to know, but because of fear of public panic. 

Have you ever seen the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode:

"Who watches the watchers"?

If you havent, I highly recommend it. Gene Roddenberry was an atheist. The episode is very interesting because it really makes you think if what we call God is really nothing more than a technologically advanced civilization that watches over us and our progress without interfering in our affairs, unless we cross the line. Check it out when you get a chance. It's on Netflix.