Recent Microsoft updates problem

I allowed Microsoft to install updates through auto updates on my pc. But my PC got heldup with a black screen twice.Forcing a manual shutdown and restart. After which PC tends to restore previous version of Windows installed. I have been using the free windows 10 upgrade for Windows 7 users and the latest build on my pc is 1802 . However latest updates for version 1802 have failed to install on my pc. Any help in this regard will do be much appreciated.

Have you tried to install the updates manually?  Sometimes they might now download right.   At the most I've run into WU errors where it tries to install a new CU, hits something like 25%, hangs and then gives me a error.  In most cases I just run the Windows Update troubleshooter which fixes things.

Not tried to install the updates manually yet . Yes it's a recent cumulative update for build 1802 that has failed on my pc causing system black screen .

4 hours ago, Babar Ali said:

Not tried to install the updates manually yet . Yes it's a recent cumulative update for build 1802 that has failed on my pc causing system black screen .

you mean 1803?  there's no such release as "1802"