Doom Eternal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Take all my money (I don't have much...but take it).

November 22, 2019

shut up and take my money! wow that was an awesome trailer

2 hours ago, techbeck said:

Never could get in to the last Doom.  Slow, boring....got tired of it soon after playing.

IMO you need to play it on the higher difficulties for Doom 2016 to be fun. Originally I played it through on 'Hurt me plenty' and thought the same as you, slow, boring 5/10 game. Recently played it through again on Nightmare (and then Ultra-Nightmare) and it completely changed my opinion on the game, it went from 'meh' to one of my favourite current-gen games. Combat feels much faster/more intense when you actually get punished for being hit, makes you completely change your playstyle. 

Definitely looking forward to Eternal

6 hours ago, ZakO said:

IMO you need to play it on the higher difficulties for Doom 2016 to be fun. Originally I played it through on 'Hurt me plenty' and thought the same as you, slow, boring 5/10 game. Recently played it through again on Nightmare (and then Ultra-Nightmare) and it completely changed my opinion on the game, it went from 'meh' to one of my favourite current-gen games. Combat feels much faster/more intense when you actually get punished for being hit, makes you completely change your playstyle. 

Definitely looking forward to Eternal

Gets to hard, seems like work.  And when it seems like work, I rather not play.  I play games to relax and have fun.  And if I have to grind to much or constantly get my ass handed to me, it is frustrating.

The 2016 Doom was a game that initially didn't interest me. I gave it a go when I got my Game Pass and loved. The pace is great and I love exploring the levels to find the hidden bits.

Watching the game play videos above has definitely got me interested in these games. The new weapons and being able to climb up walls will definitely make things more interesting. 

For those talking about ramping up the difficulty, I play on Hurt Me Plenty and it's a challenge!! My skills are definitely not what they used to be. 

I thought that of the old Doom game played few minutes to say 1hr didn't find it that good. 1 year later after release date i played again and loved it. Can't wait for this one looks fantastic!!

• 2 months later...

I don't know if you can change difficulty in the middle of a game but I need to.  I'm near the end of the last Doom and just haven't been able to proceed at all.

I'll probably get Eternal eventually...fun as 2016 definitely was, I don't know if I need it right away.

• 4 months later...

I'm honestly not sure if it's good or bad thing that they're expanding the Doom lore so much. But at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter as long as the game play remains awesome.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, DirtyLarry said:

Very well may be my most anticipated game of 2020.

Definitely in the first half of the year now that CP 2077 has been delayed. Which I'm honestly thankful for, April has too many good releases.

• 1 month later...