So is it true? you can't remove the Bloatware anymore?

Ended up doing a clean install of 1803 this morning, now there are a bunch of apps that keep showing in my start menu, Candy Crush, Candy Crush Soda Saga, Disney Magic Kingdoms and Minecraft.

in 1709 I was able to remove them in powershell, but now, they are just there, I uninstall and they come right back, can't even hide them! 

this seems nuts.

Hello,

Which edition of Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17134) did you install, and what was the PowerShell script you used to remove the third-party (p)re-installed applications?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13 hours ago, devilotX said:

Ended up doing a clean install of 1803 this morning, now there are a bunch of apps that keep showing in my start menu, Candy Crush, Candy Crush Soda Saga, Disney Magic Kingdoms and Minecraft.

in 1709 I was able to remove them in powershell, but now, they are just there, I uninstall and they come right back, can't even hide them! 

this seems nuts.

They can be uninstalled. Not sure who told you they can’t be. 

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

They can be uninstalled. Not sure who told you they can’t be. 

It is kind of ###### though that those even show up on a clean install.

Just now, warwagon said:

It is kind of ###### though that those even show up on a clean install.

Can’t say I disagree. Though I went a different path this time with my laptop. I did a clean install and didn’t use an MSA during setup. Got to desktop, no apps. Then linked my account to my MSA. Still no apps. That was two weeks ago. 

?

16 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Can’t say I disagree. Though I went a different path this time with my laptop. I did a clean install and didn’t use an MSA during setup. Got to desktop, no apps. Then linked my account to my MSA. Still no apps. That was two weeks ago. 

?

When you say "linked your account" what do you mean exactly?  Since I've always logged in with my MSA on my Windows 10 systems I never bothered to look into it.

13 hours ago, devilotX said:

this seems nuts.

No, they shouldn't come back unless you do another major update (like 1803) ... then you uninstall the crud and it should stay gone until the next major update.  I have no idea why yours would be coming back ... and hopefully someone has an answer/suggestion to that

Are you saying that you've uninstalled them (like after upgrading to 1803) and on the next reboot they come back ... or right clicking doesn't even give you the uninstall option?  The apps you listed should easily be uninstalled without needing to do it through PowerShell.  Why that isn't the case on your system ... has me befuddled.  

24 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

?

Odd, I never tie computers to a MSA and they always seem to be there.

6 minutes ago, Jim K said:

No, they shouldn't come back unless you do another major update (like 1803) ... then you uninstall the crud and it should stay gone until the next major update.  I have no idea why yours would be coming back ... and hopefully someone has an answer/suggestion to that

Are you saying that you've uninstalled them (like after upgrading to 1803) and on the next reboot they come back ... or right clicking doesn't even give you the uninstall option?  The apps you listed should easily be uninstalled without needing to do it through PowerShell.  Why that isn't the case on your system ... has me befuddled.  

Probably broke the Store/Apps by using that PowerShell command, I've seen so many broken PS commands posted on the internet that end up totally breaking the store and apps...

10 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Probably broke the Store/Apps by using that PowerShell command, I've seen so many broken PS commands posted on the internet that end up totally breaking the store and apps...

Could be as simple as going to App & Features, click "Microsoft Store" > Advanced Options > and hit the reset button.  Not sure if that would resolve the OP issue ... but it probably wouldn't hurt.

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

Odd, I never tie computers to a MSA and they always seem to be there.

Yeah, I don't have an answer there. Maybe its a bug in my favor on 1803. :D

From Build 1809 on wards, you can even uninstall Mixed Reality garbage by just right clicking. Rest of the junk can be removed with powershell commands.

Type this in Admin elevated Powershell

Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.Print3D* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Appconnector* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.GetHelp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *CandyCrushSaga* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *MicrosoftSolitaireCollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *ConnectivityStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Windows.MiracastView* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *WindowsSoundRecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.People* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *MicrosoftStickyNotes* | Remove-AppxPackage

You can add or delete the items as per your requirement. Just don't delete the store.

I didn't run any power shell commands, so in the left hand side of the start menu, I have Candy crush and Candy Crush Soda Saga listed, I right click CC and uninstall and it goes away, then I right click and uninstall CCSS and CC reappears, I again uninstall CC and CCSS reappears. 

I uninstall the Disney app, and then hit the start menu and it's back. 

Post reboot, post anything, they remain.

I have not tried any sort of tricks, commands or the aforementioned registry changes etc etc,

clean install of 1803 from the Media Creation tool on a Lenovo T460s laptop 1734.228

10 hours ago, d5aqoëp said:

From Build 1809 on wards, you can even uninstall Mixed Reality garbage by just right clicking. Rest of the junk can be removed with powershell commands.

Type this in Admin elevated Powershell

Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.Print3D* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Appconnector* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.GetHelp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *CandyCrushSaga* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *MicrosoftSolitaireCollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *ConnectivityStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Windows.MiracastView* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *WindowsSoundRecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.People* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-appxpackage -allusers *MicrosoftStickyNotes* | Remove-AppxPackage

You can add or delete the items as per your requirement. Just don't delete the store.

Nooo. you got to delete the source of the problem.  Leaving the store is like blaming the bird crap on your car on the birds rather than the dude next to you with the bag of bread crumbs.  /s

Go into the Microsoft Store and make sure everything's fully up to date before removing the apps. What I suspect is happening is that you're removing them whilst at the same time the Store is updating them therefore they're reappearing. Also it's worth going to Settings > Personalisation > Start > Turn off "Show suggestions occasionally in Start". 

Just for future reference - none of these apps ever appear on my systems as if you turn off Suggested apps right from the start and unpin the suggested tiles they will not install in the first place. 

Have seen this before on clean installs.

The issue is you're uninstalling them however they are sitting waiting to be updated in the store. Windows doesn't always detect the uninstall before running the update which re-installs the cr-app. 

• Like 3

You don't seem to know what you're doing in PS so stop, It was a simple right click and uninstall when  Ireinstalled a couple months ago, never came back, only thing I did was make sure Windows was fully up to date and that the store also said fully up to date

People need to stop over complicating simple tasks