Weird Box Rendering on Forum

since this morning this weird box keeps rendering for a few moments then disappears on every forum page when i navigate to or refresh a page.

I am a sub2 so it 'shouldnt' be the ad box but you never know so pinging @sheinbein just in case :)

image.thumb.png.eef23d40c0fd745c5d487208f061152a.png

Well done for pinging a dev on this, but I think our advertiser has implemented a new "ad wrapper" thing or javascript on the site and it is breaking the front page and forum. I reported it a couple hours ago, but will add this too so they can rule it out, or fix the problem. (y)

You will have to do F12 "Inspect" the part where the box is appearing and give me a screenshot, because without additional info, what can I report?

it disappears too quickly for me to do that; i'll try to catch it with chrome's performance scan one of these times.

I realized it may also be caused by a plugin my company recently installed too so I'll know for sure if I can catch it :)

got it

it seems like the below code doesn't start hidden but is dynamically changed to 'display: none' at page load

image.thumb.png.2b3c0fab2f1586cc56ae6b6714d876ab.png

I changed it from 'none' to 'block' to verify it's the right field

<iframe name="__cmpLocator" style="display: none;"></iframe>

still seems to be showing up every time i refresh or load a new page. is a minor annoyance but there all the same.

box.avi

image.thumb.png.fd6b644165ae1d8e1f9c8d749a812554.png

edit: also video upload doesn't seem to work properly? is this a known issue?

will try uploading to youtube later

edit2: here's the vid uploaded on youtube

8 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I don't know then, a dev will have to help you seeing as it also appears to only affect you.

yeah no idea why it's just me either. i was thinking maybe it was just something with my work network but it does it on my laptop at home too.

as you can see in the video it only renders for a brief moment before being hidden so it's not that big of deal to me; mostly reported since it was an oddity

thanks for looking into it at least :)

not sure what code the GDPR guys changed in the last couple days but everything seems back to normal today :) (Y)