Question about pay (work)

Here is the issue: When I was working part time for Amazon I was paid $12.50 /hour and when I was offered to transfer to the full time location the transfer letter clearly stated that I would keep that rate. Fast forward to now and suddenly all of my checks have been paid at $12.00/hour, and when I brought this up to the HR department and I was told that if the letter said that then they have to honor it, and they were going to put the change in the system and I would get the corrected amount the next paycheck. Now today I checked my pay check, and again it is only at $12 /hour. I went to HR again and was told a different story: The part time facility pays higher per hour because it's only part time, and if you transfer from part time to full time then you go to the pay rate of that center (in this case $12 /hour). When I brought up that I have the letter that clearly says I would retain the $12.50, I was told "That was an error on whoever processed your transfer" regardless I feel that I am entitled to the $12.50 /hour as the letter clearly indicates. What should I do in this situation? Who should I speak to next?

Take it to your manager. And if he is unable to do anything, ask your boss. If he can't do anything, call up Corporate and demand it. If they can't do it, then sue them... (suing won't lose your job, it will just get you the money you desire)

HR can be stupid sometimes. They only see a small circle of the big picture.

3 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Take it to your manager. And if he is unable to do anything, ask your boss. If he can't do anything, call up Corporate and demand it. If they can't do it, then sue them... (suing won't lose your job, it will just get you the money you desire)

HR can be stupid sometimes. They only see a small circle of the big picture.

My manager is not able to control things like pay, that is strictly HR, now I can go to the HR manager and/or the site leader, weather it would do any good, I do not know, as I have not had any interactions with either of them.

You will need to escalate this further up the chain at HR. If you have a document, on company letterhead, that states you are to be paid an amount, that is the contract. Technically, they should also be giving you back pay to make up for the incorrect wage. If they don't budge, you might want to think about getting a lawyer and looking elsewhere for work. One thing I have learned in my short life, is that HR is there to protect the company not the employee. They might preach being there for the employee and the "open door" policy, but I can tell you right now every single hr will do whats best for the company, even if that means screwing over an employee.

When you transferred from the part time to full time, did you sign a new contract? Did that have anything in there related to pay?

14 hours ago, Circaflex said:

You will need to escalate this further up the chain at HR. If you have a document, on company letterhead, that states you are to be paid an amount, that is the contract. Technically, they should also be giving you back pay to make up for the incorrect wage. If they don't budge, you might want to think about getting a lawyer and looking elsewhere for work. One thing I have learned in my short life, is that HR is there to protect the company not the employee. They might preach being there for the employee and the "open door" policy, but I can tell you right now every single hr will do whats best for the company, even if that means screwing over an employee.

I have noticed this as well.

12 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

When you transferred from the part time to full time, did you sign a new contract? Did that have anything in there related to pay?

No. There was nothing signed at all. This is the transfer letter that I did sign, notice in bold that it clearly says the rate of pay

20180808_134844.thumb.jpg.a1e6b98528902b7b265eed2a0811db41.jpg