Cookie question

Some sites do that. just a little agreement so they can store cookies on your PC etc. I am not aware of a way around that off the top of my head and maybe other users know a bit more about it than  I do.

but personally... I use 'Cookie AutoDelete' by Kenny Do (it's a Firefox add-on) as you simply allow the sites you need to store cookies on your computer (like for sites that store your login info so you stay signed into a website) but all other cookies will be auto-deleted by that add-on after your done visiting a website. NOTE: but by using this extension... if you go to a site like the one you showed a picture of that message will return in the future when you visit that website since that Cookie AutoDelete extension will delete all of the junk cookies it creates on your computer (assuming you don't need to stay signed into that site etc). also, it won't auto delete cookies by default but it's not difficult to enable it so it automatically deletes cookies after your done visiting the site etc.

Edited by ThaCrip

35 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Create a bookmark with this code in it, and put it on the bookmarks toolbar

Everytime you go to a site that has an pop up message like that, (it also works for the EU sites that tell you about the cookies)  just click on the bookmark (name it something like Kill sticky or whatever you want) and it will for remove those until you visit the site again, it's more cosmetic than anything, but it is nice to have!

javascript:(function%20()%20{%20var%20i,%20elements%20=%20document.querySelectorAll('body%20*');%20%20for%20(i%20=%200;%20i%20<%20elements.length;%20i++)%20{%20if%20(["sticky",%20"fixed"].includes(getComputedStyle(elements[i]).position))%20{%20elements[i].parentNode.removeChild(elements[i]);%20}%20}%20})();

On 9/25/2018 at 3:38 PM, ThaCrip said:

Some sites do that. just a little agreement so they can store cookies on your PC etc. I am not aware of a way around that off the top of my head and maybe other users know a bit more about it than  I do.

but personally... I use 'Cookie AutoDelete' by Kenny Do (it's a Firefox add-on) as you simply allow the sites you need to store cookies on your computer (like for sites that store your login info so you stay signed into a website) but all other cookies will be auto-deleted by that add-on after your done visiting a website. NOTE: but by using this extension... if you go to a site like the one you showed a picture of that message will return in the future when you visit that website since that Cookie AutoDelete extension will delete all of the junk cookies it creates on your computer (assuming you don't need to stay signed into that site etc). also, it won't auto delete cookies by default but it's not difficult to enable it so it automatically deletes cookies after your done visiting the site etc.

Thx as this seems to be working well :)

5 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Thx as this seems to be working well :)

Yeah it works pretty well but does require a little configuration for things to be automatically cleaned and you have to whitelist some sites so you are not logged out of them because of the cookie being deleted.