Issue with code received from "GLOBAL GIVEAWAY: Promo codes for the best Android budgeting apps "

Ok before I start, I tried to get this sorted out via email but haven't received anything for over a day.

Muhammad emailed me saying that I won "Money Lover". All was good, downloaded the app and then I went to put my code in and it wouldn't work (invalid code).

I then sent a reply like the one below:

Hi there,

Thank you so much for letting me know that I have won.

Sadly my code is not working, can you please help me?

Thanks you :)

I also included a screenshot as well.

The reply I got was

Dear Daniel,

Can you please give me the email address associated with your Money Lover account (the one you use to log-in to the app). It should be visible at the top left of the app, when you pull in the hamburger menu from the left side.

Thanks,

I responded with my email address along with a screenshot showing my user details while logged in.

All this taken almost 24 hour ago and I haven't heard back (even to say that it's being looked into).

Does anyone knows what going on?

Thank you :)

Given that today is Saturday I would give it a while. Some people prefer a little break from work-related activities a couple of days a week. ;)

If you still haven't heard anything by Monday let me know and I'll see with Steve if he can contact the company.

3 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Given that today is Saturday I would give it a while. Some people prefer a little break from work-related activities a couple of days a week. ;)

If you still haven't heard anything by Monday let me know and I'll see with Steve if he can contact the company.

Hey Nick,

dipsylalapo and I been working this out via PM, going to include you in it so that you can see what's going on :)

Hi guys,

Just an update, a week later this haven't been resolved and I am going to say that this is a pure joke (IMO) for marketing (Neowin been paid for this?) and email communication with Muhammad has been on and off. In fact I feel that I have gotten better communication from the moderators than Muhammad has.

While I could go back to the moderator and ask him/her (politely) to sort things out for both of us, but in the end I guess it too hard for Muhammad or the developers to get things sorted out.

In the end while the app is a great idea, I have removed it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I don't know who fault it is for an invalid code but for both the developers and Neowin, it doesn't look good.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Hi guys,

Just an update, a week later this haven't been resolved and I am going to say that this is a pure joke (IMO) for marketing (Neowin been paid for this?) and email communication with Muhammad has been on and off. In fact I feel that I have gotten better communication from the moderators than Muhammad has.

While I could go back to the moderator and ask him/her (politely) to sort things out for both of us, but in the end I guess it too hard for Muhammad or the developers to get things sorted out.

In the end while the app is a great idea, I have removed it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I don't know who fault it is for an invalid code but for both the developers and Neowin, it doesn't look good.

Thank you.

I just want to point out that Neowin was not paid to market or review the apps. The decision to do the review of them and giveaway of codes falls to me as I allowed Muhammad to do it, 

I can't vouch at all for the separate apps or developers and  can only apologise that it went so badly. Maybe you can PM me with specifics of what went wrong and I will try to follow up with the developer of the software and try to get it resolved.

But, lesson learned for future things like this.

38 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Hi guys,

Thank you.

I was assured by the developer that the codes would work when they were sent to me. He even asked for a day to check everything on his end before I distributed the codes. From what I know, some users have been able to upgrade successfully (on the very first day, he told me 4 codes had been redeemed successfully), while others are apparently having issues. As far as the initial batch who reached out to me via email are concerned, I informed the developer and they upgraded them manually.

However, some users reached out to me after this - you, in particular, I didn't know about until one of the forum mods told me about you and sent me your email, since I don't frequent the forums as much - and after I received the email and details from all of the remaining users that are affected (which I know of), I compiled them all and sent them to the dev again. You were the last person whose details I needed, so I reached out to you myself and after you sent me the relevant details on October 24, I sent him the email below on the same day. I was assuming that since he manually resolved the problem initially, he would do so again but I have not heard back from him since. I sent him a follow-up again, today.

InkedAnnotation_LI.thumb.jpg.6076b8170330a261fdcda682b627fdc6.jpg

I'm sorry about the mix-up, and if he doesn't reply for a few days, I'll gift you the app from my own personal paycheck.

3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I just want to point out that Neowin was not paid to market or review the apps. The decision to do the review of them and giveaway of codes falls to me as I allowed Muhammad to do it, 

I can't vouch at all for the separate apps or developers and  can only apologise that it went so badly. Maybe you can PM me with specifics of what went wrong and I will try to follow up with the developer of the software and try to get it resolved.

But, lesson learned for future things like this.

Hi Steve,

It's good to know that Neowin wasn't paid to promote/giveaway those apps, I guess it comes down to the fact that I never heard of those apps before and thought that they were a great idea (and the concept is a pretty good idea).

I'm going to include you in the PMs that were sent between me and the moderators so that you can see most of the story and if need be I can provide screenshots of emails sent between Muhammad and myself. If you want screenshots of the emails, just ask for then and I can provide then :)

4 minutes ago, +MJK said:

I was assured by the developer that the codes would work when they were sent to me. He even asked for a day to check everything on his end before I distributed the codes. From what I know, some users have been able to upgrade successfully (on the very first day, he told me 4 codes had been redeemed successfully), while others are apparently having issues. As far as the initial batch who reached out to me via email are concerned, I informed the developer and they upgraded them manually.

However, some users reached out to me after this - you, in particular, I didn't know about until one of the forum mods told me about you and sent me your email, since I don't frequent the forums as much - and after I received the email and details from all of the remaining users that are affected (which I know of), I compiled them all and sent them to the dev again. You were the last person whose details I needed, so I reached out to you myself and after you sent me the relevant details on October 24, I sent him the attached email on the same day. I was assuming that since he manually resolved the problem initially, he would do so again but I have not heard back from him since.

I'm sorry about the mix-up, and if he doesn't reply for a few days, I'll gift you the app from my own personal paycheck.

Hey :)

Just saw your reply, is the upgrade suppose to be for the "Linked Wallet" addon or the app itself? It looks like that the dev has applied the Linked Wallet addon to my account.

4 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Hey :)

Just saw your reply, is the upgrade suppose to be for the "Linked Wallet" addon or the app itself? It looks like that the dev has applied the Linked Wallet addon to my account.

The upgrade is supposed to be for the premium version of the app. The Linked Wallet add-on is not supposed to be upgraded - and, in fact, it actually costs more than the app itself so...you seem to have gotten the better deal, but it's unfortunately wrong. 

EDIT: A minute after I wrote this, he replied to me and said he'll look into it tonight.

4 minutes ago, +MJK said:

The upgrade is supposed to be for the premium version of the app. The Linked Wallet add-on is not supposed to be upgraded - and, in fact, it actually costs more than the app itself so...you seem to have gotten the better deal, but it's unfortunately wrong. 

EDIT: A minute after I wrote this, he replied to me and said he'll look into it tonight.

Thank you for looking into this :)