email app question

When you say personalise your ringtones.....what do you mean? Different tones depending on who the email has come from?

The first two should be ticked off by any email app, it's down to personal preference.

2 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

When you say personalize your ringtones.....what do you mean? 

Whatever stock ringtones the phones comes with.

Still not sure what you actually mean. Can you be explicit with what you want the ring tones to do and how it relates to the email app?

1 minute ago, InsaneNutter said:

You can do everything you want with Nine, I purchased Nine a few years ago and has well been worth the money.

Surely you don't need a $15 app to do what OP is asking for? Seems like overkill.

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Still not sure what you actually mean. Can you be explicit with what you want the ring tones to do and how it relates to the email app?

Surely you don't need a $15 app to do what OP is asking for? Seems like overkill.

You don't at all, to be fair I pretty much think any email app would do what the op wants.

I've just used a few over the years and was recommending the one I settled on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, InsaneNutter said:

You don't at all, to be fair I pretty much think any email app would do what the op wants.

I've just used a few over the years and was recommending the one I settled on.

That's fair enough...it's like me paying for Nova Launcher Pro, when for a lot of people the stock launcher will do. 😂

5 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Dipsy, i expect to hear the ringtone, either stock on 1 i download, to make a ringtone when new mail is coming in. I cant be anymore specific than that. :)

1 minute ago, Bruinator said:

Dipsy, i expect to hear the ringtone, either stock on 1 i download, to make a ringtone when new mail is coming in. I cant be anymore specific than that. :)

If you buy an Android device it will most likely have the Gmail app installed. That should work with various other email providers and do exactly what you want also. What ever your default notification sound is should play when you get an email.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Agreed. I will never pay $15 for app.

5 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Well, my phone has an error of login failed. Check incoming server, outgoing server and whatnot when the settings are correct.

2 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

If you buy an Android device it will most likely have the Gmail app installed. That should work with various other email providers and do exactly what you want also. What ever your default notification sound is should play when you get an email.

Gmail doesnt work. I've tried.

5 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Literally any app will do what you've asked. Gmail, Outlook, default mail app on your phone. Take your pick.

2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Literally any app will do what you've asked. Gmail, Outlook, default mail app on your phone. Take your pick.

I have tried about 10 and they dont work.

Just now, dipsylalapo said:

It does 

Screenshot_20181115-163841__01.thumb.jpg.2b26ed57e795ac8b2a60fdde0bfc51f6.jpg

I will try it again to see if it will work.

I have tried about 10 and they dont work.

I've tried with both Outlook and Gmail, and see options for both. Which have you tried, may be we can find the correct setting for you.

Give me a few mins as i am clearing cache on gmail app to have a new setup on the account :)  I must say this is the best forum for quick, knowledgeable i have ever seen. Thx for this.

We do try ;)

• Like 1

Gmail has push email, if you have an active internet connection (cellular or WiFi), and you don't have autosync disabled. You may also want to disable battery saver, or if you use data saver, add an exception for Gmail. 

I also vote for Nine - it's by far one of the best email apps on Android. If your work uses an exchange environment, it supports so many different features. It's expensive for an app, but I had some Google Play credits (Google tends to give these out once in a while, and also use the Google Opinion Rewards app which gives you Play credit).

Who is your email provider? push email will just work if its Outlook.com / Gmail or anything Exchange based.

You can use IMAP accounts too and get notifications, however that's not real push email. Your phone will wake up to check for email in the background every so often if your using IMAP.

17 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Ok, Let me ask the question of if i have a yahoo app 3rd party which has a ringtone when i receive a new email and works fine. Would that affect using 2?

You should be able to use another email app too and have it so that it uses another notification tone. That shouldn't be an issue.

4 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

You should be able to use another email app too and have it so that it uses another notification tone. That shouldn't be an issue.

Well, with my phone it is.

3 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Well, with my phone it is.

Make sure that you're changing the notification sound settings in the app and not via the general phone settings. 

Happy to have a further look into this if you provide some specifics. The email apps and the phone that you're using.