Its impossible to add my own ringtone to iPhone

Hello,
I had almost all iPhones. It was always kind of difficult for regular user to add some custom ringtone, but I always did it. But now, I bough new iPhone7 and I made .m4r file. I plug my iP to computer and drag the ringtone file into ringtones folder in iTunes. And then some kind of error popped out, that its not possible because I use photo iCloud share (WTH??) I want to use iCloud share and also I want to have my own ringtone. Is there any chance? Please .... I tried every instructions in every discuss forums for many hours, but nothing works. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 3:54 AM, bellacampen said:

Hello,
I had almost all iPhones. It was always kind of difficult for regular user to add some custom ringtone, but I always did it. But now, I bough new iPhone7 and I made .m4r file. I plug my iP to computer and drag the ringtone file into ringtones folder in iTunes. And then some kind of error popped out, that its not possible because I use photo iCloud share (WTH??) I want to use iCloud share and also I want to have my own ringtone. Is there any chance? Please .... I tried every instructions in every discuss forums for many hours, but nothing works. 

You need to download Zedge. Get it at the Apps Store.

• 2 months later...

Its not impossible. If you download 3utools to your desktop and plug your iphone in,  there is an option to add whatever song you want as your ringtone. 

huh?  Where were you searching on how to do this?  Its really easy to use the free garageband app from apple to create ringtones... Here I just created a China Cat one, took all of like 30 seconds..

ringtone.thumb.png.467d0a3e76b7a912e23356cb7e6c8347.png

Saved a mp3 to my phone, loaded into garageband, export - there you go..

If you use a Mac computer .. turn on AirDrop if you've turned it off. Open the AirDrop section in the Sidebar of Finder(on Catalina for instance) Drag the .m4r file to the AirDrop showing your iPhone and drop it there.

You'll find the ringtones in the place where you change ringtone and message tones on iOS.

Done and tested by yours truly using macOS Catalina, iPhone 8 and iOS 13.

If you're not using macOS then follow other people's advice.

• 2 months later...

Hello, Right now it's quite difficult to get our ringtone in Apple iPhone, after iPhone 7 its quiet difficult because he required file format which apple was while we upload our ringtone in iPhone is not supports and gives some error, but there is much software you can search on google through which you can make your ringtones or upload your ringtone. So it's current it's not impossible to add your own ringtone on iPhone.