What are the essentials needed for PS4 Pro?

I am picking up a new PS4 Pro bundle next week and am looking for what is the absolute must have for the system.    Aside from games and controllers that is. :)   (this is my first re-entry into the console market after a decade)

A PlayStation Plus membership, too. It might look a bit pricey at first, having to pay for that to play online, but even if like me, you only do that once in a blue moon, the free games each month are worth the cost.

• Like 1

Make sure you get the PS4 Pro RDR2 Bundle as this is guaranteed to come with the latest chassis CUH7215b/7216b which runs alot quieter and not like a jet engine that some people report if you google it, i have had mine a week now and very happy with it.

In fact, that is the bundle I am getting, so I think I'll have it covered. :)

Of course, I have a TV, not a good one (screen flicker due to back light going out), we plan on replacing it soon anyway.  But it will make due in the mean time.  We have figured out how to lower the back light enough to get rid of the flicker.

Would anyone recommend a cooler for it?  I am getting mixed signals about it online, it is starting to make me confused. 

On my must have games list, I am going to be snagging as finances allow:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey

• Toe  Jam and Earl (my Wife loves that game!)

• God of War

• Resident Evil 2

Considering:

• Detroit Become Human - PlayStation 4

• Tetris Effect (when you just want to chill out)

When I had an original Xbox, I absolutely fell in love with the original Max Payne game, The Daedalus Encounter on the 3DO (Dating myself here). What other games are recommended?

I don't have a PS4.

The one game that keeps tempting me to consider getting a PS4 is:

His comment about standing on a hill and just enjoying the breath taking view is a sign (to me) that games are finally hitting a kind of magic turning point that we will look back at as a significant point in computer history...

The OP should read up on how to setup the PS4 Pro for the kind of screen he is using as there are options, that you don't get with a regular PS4 and it is not plug and play.

12 hours ago, PNWDweller said:

What other games are recommended?

• Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last of Us
  • The Uncharted series
  • Journey
  • SOMA
  • XCOM 2
  • Resident Evil Biohazard
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Bioshock
  • Tricky Towers (Tetris with physics)

Those are games that come to mind, although some of them you may have already played on a PC and others may not be your kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last of Us
  • The Uncharted series

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, uncharted 4, last of us remaster are must haves

If you like FPS and want to play them on a console then i would get Battlefield 1 as you can get that cheap and it is even more awesome graphically on the Pro, but you do need that really good 4K HDR TV.

15 hours ago, PNWDweller said:

In fact, that is the bundle I am getting, so I think I'll have it covered. :)

Of course, I have a TV, not a good one (screen flicker due to back light going out), we plan on replacing it soon anyway.  But it will make due in the mean time.  We have figured out how to lower the back light enough to get rid of the flicker.

Would anyone recommend a cooler for it?  I am getting mixed signals about it online, it is starting to make me confused. 

On my must have games list, I am going to be snagging as finances allow:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey

• Toe  Jam and Earl (my Wife loves that game!)

• God of War

• Resident Evil 2

Considering:

• Detroit Become Human - PlayStation 4

• Tetris Effect (when you just want to chill out)

When I had an original Xbox, I absolutely fell in love with the original Max Payne game, The Daedalus Encounter on the 3DO (Dating myself here). What other games are recommended?

detroid become human is Awesome. I really enjoyed it, much more then previous titles like that.

You MUST buy a 4k , HDR10 ready TV. Games like  God of War are meant to played on that, the visuals are stunning.

The Last of Us Remastered is an award winning tripleA game.

Uncharted 3 and 4.

Until Dawn - let your girlfriend/wife take decisions in it 😂

Horizon Zero Dawn - horrible voice acting and face motion but a good game in general.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Resident Evil Biohazard.

God of WAR!!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laurentiu A. said:

You MUST buy a 4k , HDR10 ready TV. Games like  God of War are meant to played on that, the visuals are stunning.

The Last of Us Remastered is an award winning tripleA game.

Uncharted 3 and 4.

Until Dawn - let your girlfriend/wife take decisions in it 😂

Horizon Zero Dawn - horrible voice acting and face motion but a good game in general.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Resident Evil Biohazard.

God of WAR!!!!!!

Absolutely.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, PNWDweller said:

With the newer consoles an external cooler is kind of a waste of time unless you plan on putting it in a cabinet.  (Hint: Don't.)

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!  I now have the console, and am playing the Red Dawn Redemption II game on it.    Been pretty refreshing upgrading from the Wii the family has had for the last several years. :)

12 hours ago, PNWDweller said:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!  I now have the console, and am playing the Red Dawn Redemption II game on it.    Been pretty refreshing upgrading from the Wii the family has had for the last several years. :)

Assuming you got the latest version 7215b and hope its quiet?