Is an iPhone that has the battery replaced by Apple as good as originally from the factory as far as the seals, etc?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and the battery still has, according to iOS 12’s Battery Health estimate, 89% maximum capacity.  Other than this phone being older and now a bit slow, I have never had a problem with it.  I’m going to get a new phone and give it to my youngest son.  My wife has an iPhone 7 Plus and my daughter has an iPhone 7.  Both of these, despite being 2 years newer than mine, have about the same maximum capacity (according to iOS 12’s Battery Health estimate).

While Apple still has the $29 battery replacement offer, I was considering going ahead and getting the battery replaced on these devices, especially the iPhone 7 Plus and 7. 

Is an iPhone that has the battery replaced by Apple as good as originally from the factory as far as the seals, structural integrity, etc? What has been most people's experience?  Replacing the battery on an older phone sounds great, but my concern is whether the original factory seals, glue, etc. aren’t as good when Apple replaces the battery and closes everything back up.  Or maybe they go out of there way to make sure the phone is very similar, seal-wise, as to what it originally was when they are done.

-ZPNRG

Apple decrease battery life every update......and of course ......you need new Iphone😅 which has better battery life

block Apple servers on your router=Extend your phone life

Hello,

If the battery is replaced by Apple, the work is warrantied by Apple.  This includes any damage caused by improper installation.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

There's no difference in the phone before and after warranty work done by Apple.  Except, of course, that whatever was being fixed should now work properly.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

If you send your phone in, it will be repaired properly.  If you go to a phone store, chances are they will swap out yours with a refurbished one which have had the seals reapplied.  The seals are essentially a form of double stick tape, so care has to be had when removing the old so that the new sticks onto the surfaces properly (not left behind glue).  Apple will guarantee their work for a certain time period, if apple is doing it it will not void your warranty so your seals should be the least of your worry.  Don't take my word for it...ask your local apple store what they do.

Typically when a third party replaces, they do not replace the seals.  

• Like 2