Computer restarts when playing games

Hello, my new pc i built 2 months ago started rebooting when playing some games, it happened first with monster hunter when it couldn't even load the first cinematics, then it happened when playing fortnite for ~2hs, also when playing csgo, when someone threw a flashbang it would restart.  First I tried swapping the psu, no change, tried changing drivers and even reinstalling windows but nothing worked, I did stress test on CPU and GPU and it didn't restart.

PC:

Ryzen 3 1300x

Asus A320m

8gb 2x4

gt1030

gygabyte pb500 500w(swapped with a thermaltake tr2 500w)

Sounds like either a heat issue or a video driver.  Try uninstalling the video driver and restart then reinstall the video driver.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tjarboe said:

Sounds like either a heat issue or a video driver.  Try uninstalling the video driver and restart then reinstall the video driver.  

For NVIDIA, select "custom" then hit the checkbox for clear settings does same thing a lot faster

1 hour ago, matiasl9815 said:

Hello, my new pc i built 2 months ago started rebooting when playing some games, it happened first with monster hunter when it couldn't even load the first cinematics, then it happened when playing fortnite for ~2hs, also when playing csgo, when someone threw a flashbang it would restart.  First I tried swapping the psu, no change, tried changing drivers and even reinstalling windows but nothing worked, I did stress test on CPU and GPU and it didn't restart.

PC:

Ryzen 3 1300x

Asus A320m

8gb 2x4

gt1030

gygabyte pb500 500w(swapped with a thermaltake tr2 500w)

BIOS

-------

- make sure "auto overclock" is off

- then make sure all timings are slowed down a bit

- make sure voltages are set correct

then monitor CPU and GPU temps

If you have auto restart OFF in Windows and you get restart without BSOD, then look at voltage issues

- turn ON "load line calibration" or similar in BIOS

- if you didn't previously overvolt the CPU, try a small CPU overvolt to increase stability but keep it small

Another thing to try:

- List all programs on computer and temp uninstall ones that might install a "software device driver"

- List all devices on mobo and computer and go to each one's manufacturer website and download latest drivers

Recent versions of Windows have been changing the way drivers work and any OLD drivers are prime suspects for weird issues...

because of AMD ))))

lol: its RAM, HDD, overheating or driver issue

10 hours ago, DevTech said:

BIOS

-------

- make sure "auto overclock" is off

- then make sure all timings are slowed down a bit

- make sure voltages are set correct

then monitor CPU and GPU temps

- I didn't find the auto oveclock option, maybe because my mobo can't overclock?

- How do I do that? sorry I'm kinda noob dealing with this 

- They seem to be correct at least that's what I think

- update mobo BIOS

- try setting PCIe x 16 to PCIe x 8

- do full RAM test

- Updated

-Didn't find that option

- I previusly used the windows ram test, should i do another?

If you have auto restart OFF in Windows and you get restart without BSOD, then look at voltage issues

- turn ON "load line calibration" or similar in BIOS

- if you didn't previously overvolt the CPU, try a small CPU overvolt to increase stability but keep it small

- didn't find that option either or anything similar

- How do I do that?

3 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

When you're playing a game, use a program like Speccy to view your system temperatures and report back what they are.

That is a good idea, a better method, imho, would be to use CoreTemp, simply because it can run in the task tray and you can see the real time temps.

9 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

That is a good idea, a better method, imho, would be to use CoreTemp, simply because it can run in the task tray and you can see the real time temps.

53-54°C before it crashed

That is quite hot though, can you please confirm that your PC is able to "breathe" which means you haven't stacked things around it which might contribute to it getting overheated or confined to a too small space in a desk or cabinet.  A PC must be able to eject the hot air from inside it out the fan vents (which are typically behind and to the side and front of a PC tower, these must be clear so the PC can 'breathe'.

I already saw you don't overclock, so the last thing is like others are saying, ensure you have the latest official drivers for your PC.

6 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

That is quite hot though, can you please confirm that your PC is able to "breathe" which means you haven't stacked things around it which might contribute to it getting overheated or confined to a too small space in a desk or cabinet.  A PC must be able to eject the hot air from inside it out the fan vents (which are typically behind and to the side and front of a PC tower, these must be clear so the PC can 'breathe'.

I already saw you don't overclock, so the last thing is like others are saying, ensure you have the latest official drivers for your PC.

It's weird I can play some games at that temp with no problem for 2 or more hours, other games crashes, the pc is basically in the middle of an empty room it has enough space to breathe. I also updated all the drivers

19 minutes ago, matiasl9815 said:

@Mindovermaster It is clean, i did it when I swapped the psu

Oh, OK. Do you have airflow in the case? front fan(s) going inside the case? Top and/or back for exhaust?

Are you on the latest drivers for that card?

1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

Oh, OK. Do you have airflow in the case? front fan(s) going inside the case? Top and/or back for exhaust?

Are you on the latest drivers for that card?

Yes it has front fans and back

I'm on the latest for nvidia.

12 minutes ago, matiasl9815 said:

Yes it has front fans and back

I'm on the latest for nvidia.

Ever try going back on a previous driver? See if that works any better?

If you had a spare GPU, I would try that out. Would rule out that the GPU was the problem. It might not be getting hot, but other parts of the card might be damaged.

Thanks for these tips. My son bought a CyberPowerPC on Black Friday and the exact same thing is happening but only with Battlefield 5. He does have 8 GBs of RAM which he will be increasing shortly. It's a Ryzen CPU. BIOS looks fine although there is an update to it that allows for memory compatibility but you have to load it in the BIOS vs. a neat installer package for Windows (ugh, why can't they write it to install it in Windows like my Mobo?). Mobo is MSI B450m Bazooka. After reading some reviews on Newegg, it seems many people are having issues with the PC rebooting with BF 5 so I'm hoping we can correct this with a RAM upgrade.