Annoying ad on mobile

When using neowin on my phone I'll often get redirected to a page like the one in the screenshot.  I'm not 100 percent sure but I don't think the URL always points to the same domain. In this case the URL was .https://nz.gift-spin.me/nz/sw/007/?pid=zulu-car-O8h6Dg8i&lpkey=159546f7984d520d61&isp=Two Degrees Mobile Limited&uclick=pmxotlgx&t3=2degrees#.

The only ads on the page I could see were Google ads.

2 degrees is my mobile provider but I don't think they're behind this. So far it only happens on Neowin. Hitting the back button once doesn't bring me back to neowin, but hitting it a bunch (like 10 times) real fast will.

SmartSelect_20190109-103904_Chrome.jpg

Go to settings, Google, Ads, under opt of Ads Personalization, tap the slider to enable it (disable ads) see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so this site is clearly not functional with a mobile device. This is why I block ads or never visit the website again. I am constantly getting “Congratulations Amazon.com user” with a scam award and sketchy website. This happens pretty much all the time. I had to type this on my Notes app since I get redirected so quickly. 

No problems on either Chrome or Firefox on Android here... I have a  couple of little adverts connected to sites I have visited or apps I've used but nothing obtrusive and certainly nothing major.

I don't think this is a Neowin problem... Have you guys tried clearing your history/temporary files? Have you tried a different browser?