The Verge - Best PC Build Guide

So this video apparently came out a while ago (Maybe October) and I hadn't seen it. Then recently months after the fact the Verge started sending out manual copyright takedown notices to everyone who was doing response videos on how BAD this guy built this PC. Because of those takedown notices and all the bad coverage, the Verge has been getting from it, a slew of new people (my self included) are now aware this video ever existed. It's pretty cringy. 

My take away from this video is this. Looking past the fact this guy doesn't know what he's doing, doesn't anyone watch the video before it's uploaded? If they did watch the video, couldn't they spot everything he was doing wrong?

10 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I was planning to build a PC this weekend, but I don't have a table.....how could I forget!

Don't forget your swiss army knife and tweezers!

7 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Don't forget your swiss army knife and tweezers!

haha yeah what was with a 'Swiss Army knife which hopefully has a Phillips head screwdriver'

I mean you could just use a screwdriver.....and I swear the tweezers looked like cable ties 😂

35 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

And your anti-static bracelet. That is super important so you don't fry your parts.

AND don't short your power supply by letting it touch the case!

Holy crap, surprised you've just seen this now, it was all over the place at the time. I enjoyed the bit where he huffs and puffs to install the screws on his radiator complaining that they're so long...might be because they're supposed to mount the fans he didn't include either.

Best reaction video was definitely BitWit's which only recently stopped being flagged :

He also advised on Twitter that YouTube had sent The Verge a strongly worded e-mail to not flag videos for spurious reasons, like pointing out they're idiots :D

8 hours ago, warwagon said:

AND don't short your power supply by letting it touch the case!

I'm just thinking a little outside the box here but what if we get a anti-static bracelet and put it around the power supply?

On 2/20/2019 at 11:19 PM, trag3dy said:

I'm just thinking a little outside the box here but what if we get a anti-static bracelet and put it around the power supply?

A WWSD (What would static do?) bracelet of course. I loved how his "anti-static" band was made of rubber so completely non-conductive and wasn't connected to any ground anyway.

• 1 month later...