Official Xbox E3 2019

Starting this one a bit early you could say but we have dates and times.

Watch the Xbox E3 2019 Briefing live on the official Xbox Mixer Channel or on the Mixer app for Xbox One and Windows 10. You’ll also be able to catch a live stream of the briefing on other streaming services, which we’ll be announcing soon, as well as on the big screen at select Microsoft Stores.

Xbox Mixer Channel

Inside Xbox: Live @ E3 Time: Monday, June 10 at 6p ET / 3p PT 

Official Xbox E3 page.

What's on the wish list for this year?

Think we'll see anything on new hardware?

I expect new hardware details for sure, Sony already teased their specs, no surprise from them, I expect the same.   Gears 5 for sure, probably more info on Halo Infinite in some form.   xCloud stuff should also hit, so that'd be interesting.  Everyone just wants to know what the studios are up to outside of halo, forza and gears.

It would be awesome to actually see the new hardware as opposed to the Scorpio like teaser. I skipped the One X gen so I'll definitely be jumping in with whatever MS release next. 

I hope for this every year, but really looking forward to hopefully seeing some new IP

4 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

It would be awesome to actually see the new hardware as opposed to the Scorpio like teaser. I skipped the One X gen so I'll definitely be jumping in with whatever MS release next. 

I hope for this every year, but really looking forward to hopefully seeing some new IP

If I remember correctly, they teased the Scorpio one year and then showed off the hardware the following year in the same year it released? So, in theory, we won't see anything this year I'd assume.

44 minutes ago, Skiver said:

If I remember correctly, they teased the Scorpio one year and then showed off the hardware the following year in the same year it released? So, in theory, we won't see anything this year I'd assume.

Yeah, but with Sony having the PS5 coming it might be more of a race to see who releases first.  The PS4 coming out a full month before the XO back in 2013 didn't help, plus the price difference.

This is why I think the rumor of 2 new Xbox systems is true, they'll probably try to match or undercut with a base system and charge $499 for their more powerful system.

19 hours ago, George P said:

Yeah, but with Sony having the PS5 coming it might be more of a race to see who releases first.  The PS4 coming out a full month before the XO back in 2013 didn't help, plus the price difference.

This is why I think the rumor of 2 new Xbox systems is true, they'll probably try to match or undercut with a base system and charge $499 for their more powerful system.

I'm not sure they have to be able to physically show off the next Gen Xbox physically though in order to "beat" Sony. They certainly do have to announce and confirm the spec's though.

I actually think the two different level consoles is a really smart move from MS, they've probably seen a lot of data between who stuck with an OG XB1, who upgraded to an S and who upgrade to an X. I suspect they may get a lot more day one sales compared to the OG Xb release as it was above their price range. 

14 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I'm not sure they have to be able to physically show off the next Gen Xbox physically though in order to "beat" Sony. They certainly do have to announce and confirm the spec's though.

I actually think the two different level consoles is a really smart move from MS, they've probably seen a lot of data between who stuck with an OG XB1, who upgraded to an S and who upgrade to an X. I suspect they may get a lot more day one sales compared to the OG Xb release as it was above their price range. 

The specs will be told for sure, more or less.  To what detail though we don't know.  Like what Sony just did, 8 core, but what speed?  New GPU, but what are it's specs?  All still unknown, they don't want the other to out do them.   The fact we're getting info on things before E3 at all is interesting.  Makes me wonder what they're going to show us even more now.  

• 1 month later...

I feel like Sony has always had the lead when it comes to its lineup with games, even though most are stuff I'd rarely ever play they just always seem to have a great and interesting lineup. Microsoft however, seem to come to E3 with the same stuff (Forza, Gears, Halo) each year, whilst we know those 3 are likely to make an experience I'm hoping for something new.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

I feel like Sony has always had the lead when it comes to its lineup with games, even though most are stuff I'd rarely ever play they just always seem to have a great and interesting lineup. Microsoft however, seem to come to E3 with the same stuff (Forza, Gears, Halo) each year, whilst we know those 3 are likely to make an experience I'm hoping for something new.

I agree, but you also have to remember that, in most cases, at past E3s Sony has managed to show off the same "coming soon" exclusives 2 or 3 times repeatedly.   Which is fine, but it's just padding their show with something for the sake of something, probably why they're not coming to E3 this year.   They also don't want to share the spotlight with anyone, which I also understand.

As far as MS goes, well those 3 are their big tentpole titles, it's like Nintendo having a show and talking about Mario or Zelda or Metroid.   Same deal really.

Anyways, as far as this E3 goes, the tweet has just raised expectations.  New games aside, there's talk about the new consoles, xCloud, more Game Pass on PC tidbits etc.  It should be one of their, if not the, biggest E3 MS has ever had.   I think there's also rumors of maybe 2 or 3 more studios being picked up.    With everything multiplatform going cross-play, the need to actually own the system most of your friends do just so you can play together on the same game is starting to be a thing of the past.  So it comes down to 1st party games more and more.

I expect to see something about Fable 4 btw.    

On 5/31/2019 at 10:08 AM, George P said:

I agree, but you also have to remember that, in most cases, at past E3s Sony has managed to show off the same "coming soon" exclusives 2 or 3 times repeatedly.   Which is fine, but it's just padding their show with something for the sake of something, probably why they're not coming to E3 this year.   They also don't want to share the spotlight with anyone, which I also understand.

As far as MS goes, well those 3 are their big tentpole titles, it's like Nintendo having a show and talking about Mario or Zelda or Metroid.   Same deal really.

Anyways, as far as this E3 goes, the tweet has just raised expectations.  New games aside, there's talk about the new consoles, xCloud, more Game Pass on PC tidbits etc.  It should be one of their, if not the, biggest E3 MS has ever had.   I think there's also rumors of maybe 2 or 3 more studios being picked up.    With everything multiplatform going cross-play, the need to actually own the system most of your friends do just so you can play together on the same game is starting to be a thing of the past.  So it comes down to 1st party games more and more.

I expect to see something about Fable 4 btw.    

Agreed, I think Microsoft is looking pretty strong with their Xbox right now, everything you've listed above as more than likely being discussed as well as the tweet only cements this. 

Fable has become a little bit of a joke so I hope if they do, it has a release date that seems realistic. 

I do hope that the Game Pass news isn't all focused on spreading to PC (and maybe others, Switch?) and there is also some good news for the Xbox also. 

So MS said they're showing off 14 first party titles.....here's my guess on some of the titles...anyone want to add anything else? 😛

• Gears 5
  • Forza 8
  • Halo Infinite
  • New Fable
  • Battletoads
  • Ori

2 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

So MS said they're showing off 14 first party titles.....here's my guess on some of the titles...anyone want to add anything else? 😛

• Gears 5
  • Forza 8
  • Halo Infinite
  • New Fable
  • Battletoads
  • Ori

I saw a post saying that there's 3 new IP no one knows about.    Also the 3rd party showing will be big as well.  So far I haven't seen any posts with hints about other titles than what you just listed.  

I read something similar that talked about 3 brand new IPs so we can probably only account for 11.

I think those 6 are probably the safest bet, other than those I think we need to look at some of the acquisitions they made last year. I would assume Outer Worlds would count from Obsidian? I think I've seen rumours about a Wildlands 3 from Inxile also so perhaps those may be included in the list.

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

I read something similar that talked about 3 brand new IPs so we can probably only account for 11.

I think those 6 are probably the safest bet, other than those I think we need to look at some of the acquisitions they made last year. I would assume Outer Worlds would count from Obsidian? I think I've seen rumours about a Wildlands 3 from Inxile also so perhaps those may be included in the list.

Does some other studio have a publishing deal for Outer Worlds?  I'll have to check.    Hmm, wiki says it's being published by Private Division, which is ex-take two people.  If it's not a MS/XGS (Xbox Game Studios) published game then I don't think it would count.  But it should be shown off as a 3rd party title at least.

20 minutes ago, George P said:

Does some other studio have a publishing deal for Outer Worlds?  I'll have to check.    Hmm, wiki says it's being published by Private Division, which is ex-take two people.  If it's not a MS/XGS (Xbox Game Studios) published game then I don't think it would count.  But it should be shown off as a 3rd party title at least.

Good shout, I just assumed given they had been acquired then it would be published by MS

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

Good shout, I just assumed given they had been acquired then it would be published by MS

Deal was already in place before so I don't think they'll break it.   Who knows?

Here's another expectations video, this time from Brad.

I'd like to add that this seems to be their longest show to date?  Longer than last years and that one had quite a good number of games listed in it.

So looks like we can add the new Star Wars game from Respawn to the Xbox E3 list of 3rd party games to get shown, from what the EA show said, more to show tomorrow.