When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

OnePlus confirms two models of the OnePlus 7, one with a super-smooth display and 5G

OnePlus 6T

OnePlus has started to tease its upcoming flagship phones more aggressively over the past week, and though there's a lot we still don't know about the release, the company's CEO has now confirmed some details in a conversation with The Verge. Pete Lau confirmed that the OnePlus 7 will come in two models, one of which will feature a much-improved display as well as 5G capabilities, and it will be called the OnePlus 7 Pro.

Rumors of an improved display for the next OnePlus smartphone surfaced soon after Lau first teased a "new era of fast and smooth" on Twitter, and now the company has confirmed it. "The first time I saw it myself, I was stunned", Lau said about the new phone. OnePlus is reportedly spending three times as much on the display technology for this phone as compared with previous smartphones from the company. There's still no confirmation on whether this will be a 90Hz or 120Hz panel, but reports have pointed at the former, which would be the same as what's found the in ASUS ROG Phone, but less than the 120Hz display on the Razer Phone and Razer Phone 2.

Aside from that, Lau still isn't providing a lot more information about the phone. The new model will cost more than the OnePlus 6T, continuing the company's trend of increasing prices since its inception a few years ago. 5G capabilities will also be part of the more expensive model, as mentioned above, but the company won't be touting them heavily given the currently limited availability of 5G.

For more information, we'll likely have to wait at the very least until tomorrow, when the company is announcing the launch event for the smartphone. Otherwise, all we know is that the smartphone will have a Snapdragon 855 chipset, as the company announced last year.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Google is selling the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL through Fi for $399 and $499, today only

Previous Article

TechBargains: Lowest price for 512GB 11" iPad Pro, Extra 15% off 4K Dell XPS 13