Need to get a tablet, at least 10 inch

My wife would like a tablet to play games on, and would be prefer it to be a 10 inch or bigger screen. I see lots of tablets that fit the size, but they all seem to from companies I have never heard of, and the reviews on Amazon seem almost too good on most of them. If anyone could give me an idea of what brand(s) to look for that would be great!

7 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Have a look at Samsung Tab A 9.7 2016 it is not a bad tablet if you don't want an expensive one.

Not having any luck finding this one, can you provide a link if you can?

Samsung S4 or S5e. Really the only tablets I can recommend from Android. Tablet specific apps are a big weakness in the Android ecosystem. For general tablets, I recommend iPads

15 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

I do not use Google, and when I did search Google it did not show up in the listing, but I did locate it, but it is selling for more then $200, which is too much to pay for a tablet that is 3 years old

Why not just get the fire 10 HD?  They are CHEAP, get the the one without the ads.. Cost a few bucks more.. And your less than 200... I picked up the kids edition ones for my grandkids for like 149 on sale for last xmas.. (comes with 2 year warranty) incase the kids like drop it off the balcony or something..

They play games just fine, etc.

Fire HD 10 Tablet, 1080p Full HD Display, 64 GB, Black—without Special Offers

show it for Price:£189.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK

The 32G cheaper like 159, and you can always ad sd card to them for more storage.

I do not need listing in the UK, I live in the US... but I will look into the Fire Tablets

Since a budget wasn't listed (aside from $200 being too much for a 3-year old product)

... how about the Surface or Surface Go?  :) 

2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Since a budget wasn't listed ... how about the Surface or Surface Go?  :) 

I love my Surface Go but the crappy thing is, at least if you jump out of S mode, so many apps are twitchy without a keyboard.  Bleh.  That's one major plus for the iPads.

(Speaking of which the only reason I don't recommend Android tablets is long term support.  My iPad and Surface Go will be supported long after I've stopped using them.)

3 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Since a budget wasn't listed (aside from $200 being too much for a 3-year old product)

... how about the Surface or Surface Go?  :) 

I really do not have a budget in mind. Don't the surface's run Windows on them?

12 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I do not need listing in the UK, I live in the US... but I will look into the Fire Tablets

The one i have is actually Samsung T580 Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Wi-Fi (2016), you will find it on Amazon, you can easily spend more money for better features but when you post you usually have a low budget.

The part number maybe different in the US.

1 minute ago, SnoopZ said:

The one i have is actually Samsung Tab A 10.1 2016, you will find it on Amazon.

Found them for $220, but not through Amazon, but that is not an issue, I have 3 options now to look at.

3 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Found them for $220, but not through Amazon, but that is not an issue, I have 3 options now to look at.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tablet-White-SM-T580/dp/B01M4L43G4/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=Samsung+T580+Galaxy+Tab+A+10.1+Wi-Fi+(2016)+32GB&qid=1556475367&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

But if you want to spend alot more money there are newer better versions available as well as the S2,S3 etc.

7 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Thanks for the info, I have added the 3 choices and will ask her for her input (since she is the one who will be using it)

She decided she liked the Samsung, so that will be the one I get for her. Thanks for the input!

• 4 weeks later...

Got a Galaxy A 10.1 tab.  Was $200 and then I picked up a 32gb SD card.  I don't need much or do much with a tablet.  So perfect for me.  And coming from my Nexus 2013 tablet, big improvement.  I don't care for Samsung's UI so I just loaded Nova Launcher.