Are these temps too high?

Those are really high if not under load.  If that is post running stress benchmarks than they'd be ok. Assuming the high mobo temps are vcore(s) or similar?

Edit. Time to break down your specs (mobo, cooler, any overclocking, case, fan layout) if you're asking for help in lowering those temps.

Edit #2: Once again, if those temps are straight up under normal load they are too high. If they are after running benchmarks intended to stress the CPU than they are fine (you're about 10 degrees under TDP). In other words, depends on the situation which led to these temps.

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

Those are really high if not under load.  Assuming the high mobo temps are vcore(s) or similar?

Those temps are right after bootup and I only have Chrome running.  Not sure about the MB temps.  I have an AIO (Corsair H100i GTX) could it be the pump is failing? 

I have ordered a Noctua HSF will arrive tomorrow will see if the H100i is faulty.

4 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

Those temps are right after bootup and I only have Chrome running.  Not sure about the MB temps.  I have an AIO (Corsair H100i GTX) could it be the pump is failing? 

I have ordered a Noctua HSF will arrive tomorrow will see if the H100i is faulty.

Could be ... or poor contact. If the temps have been fine until recently ... it very well could be the pump failed. Not sure how one would confirm though (aside from installing another cooler like you're doing)?

But yea, those temps are extremely high for your situation.

do you have the Corsair monitoring software installed? that'll tell you all the stats about the pump and temp probes.

perhaps the heatsink isnt seated properly. do you have thermal paste applied properly? what are your ambient temps? how about airflow through the case?

your GPU temps look ok, though. that leads me to believe you have an issue w/ the motherboard (b/c those temps are too high, too) or the CPU contact w/ the heatsink.

also, check for a BIOS update in case there's some error in the code that shows false readings.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

do you have the Corsair monitoring software installed? that'll tell you all the stats about the pump and temp probes.

perhaps the heatsink isnt seated properly. do you have thermal paste applied properly? what are your ambient temps? how about airflow through the case?

your GPU temps look ok, though. that leads me to believe you have an issue w/ the motherboard (b/c those temps are too high, too) or the CPU contact w/ the heatsink.

also, check for a BIOS update in case there's some error in the code that shows false readings.

The screenshot is from Corsair Link.  This system was built in 2017 and has never done this before.  Only reason I checked temps was the fans were running at full blast.  The AIO had its own thermal pad but I will look at replacing this with some fresh paste tomorrow to rule out the pump.

Next Steps

Replace thermal paste on AIO if that fails then try a new HSF

Will report back here once I've done the above.

18 hours ago, Jason S. said:

given what we know, i'd guess the pump is failing

The high motherboard temps are not consistent with that idea, since the CPU pump will NOT cool the motherboard.

Many if not MOST people make the mistake with an integrated water cooler to forget to add a fan to blow on the motherboard to cool the CPU Voltage Regulators and the chipset/RAM

Perhaps the fans on the Radiator seized up and they were previously providing a tiny bit of airflow for the motherboard.

Or maybe his motherboard has always run hot due to forgetfullnes about fan requirement and that fact is just a red herring.

23 hours ago, Yazoo said:

The screenshot is from Corsair Link.  This system was built in 2017 and has never done this before.  Only reason I checked temps was the fans were running at full blast.  The AIO had its own thermal pad but I will look at replacing this with some fresh paste tomorrow to rule out the pump.

Next Steps

Replace thermal paste on AIO if that fails then try a new HSF

Will report back here once I've done the above.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H100i-GTX-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060021-WW

The Corsair software will tell you the pump speed and the fan speed and also the fluid temperature which appears to be 65 while the CPU is 87.

The MAIN THING that makes water cooling SO much better than air cooling is that the CPU temp gets LOCKED to the fluid temp and NEVER varies.

#1 - the difference between the 65 and the 87 means the connection between the WATER BLOCK and the CPU is bad and the thermal paste is unlikely to account for that. Most likely you have sprung one of the fasteners holding down the water block, although a fresh coat of Arctic Silver is always a good thing.

#2 - the high fluid temp is either bad pump or LEAK IN RADIATOR, or most likely bad ambient input temp. If you mounted the radiator inside the case per typical stupid instructions you are trying to cool the CPU with HOT AIR inside the case.

• bad ambient input temp
  • bad pump
  • LEAK IN RADIATOR
  • siezed fans on RADIATOR
  • Dual sided fans on RADIATOR aimed at each other
  • Dust bunnies in RADIATOR
  • RADIATOR blocked by desk or wall or blanket etc.

As an experiment, open the case and use a house fan to blow cool air on the intake fans to the RADIATOR. If the fluid temp drops to ambient, then that's a big issue to deal with, which is EASY TO FIX by reversing the RADIATOR FANS to blow cold air from outside the case across the RADIATOR and into the case.

Confirmed bad pump, when I had the case open on my desk I could hear the pump struggling.  I tried refreshing the thermal paste but that made no difference.

Once I had the Noctua HSF installed temps dropped back down to idling 35-40C. With MB temps @ 35C.  I have now managed a stable overclock speed of 4.1 GHz with temps idling @49-59C.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

Confirmed bad pump, when I had the case open on my desk I could hear the pump struggling.  I tried refreshing the thermal paste but that made no difference.

Once I had the Noctua HSF installed temps dropped back down to idling 35-40C. With MB temps @ 35C.  I have now managed a stable overclock speed of 4.1 GHz with temps idling @49-59C.

You never mentioned overclocking before. What are you overclocking to 4.1 Ghz?